Question Looking for a dive buddy, Cozumel, part or all of Jan 22-Feb 3, queer friendly

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zhoffritz

Registered
Reaction score
Hi folks, I want to go to Cozumel during this time and I haven't connected locally with any dive clubs to make scuba buddies.

I thought I'd look here for a dive buddy for my time period. When diving I'd like us to stay close but ideally not bumping into one another, do the PADI buddy checks together and whatnot.
I haven't bought plane tickets yet so dates are a little changeable.

I haven't done all that many dives but the ones I've done have been in Cozumel. My air usage is not too bad, on dives going to 60-70 feet my air usually lasts 50 minutes+, except when the current's really strong.
I currently dive air and I'm OW, I will take AOW my first couple days in Cozumel then do fun dives.
If I use air faster than you I'll rent a bigger tank, and if the opposite occurs I'd like you to do the same.

I do want to have my own room and I have my eye on a cute airbnb close to my preferred dive shop. But if you prefer it we could do the same hotel; there's a nice budget one that's very close to the dive shop I've used, Maple Leaf. I'd like to use ML again but I'm open to assessing other dive shops. They take safety seriously and I think it's cool they have so many women dive masters.

Personal stuff: I chat easily with people but need alone time, I enjoy going to restaurants and bars but I won't last long in a loud one. I enjoy snorkeling as well. Buccanos was the best meal I've had on Cozumel but I can't afford to go there very often. If you don't want to do anything together except dive that's cool too.

And you don't have to be queer, you just have to be cool :). And try to use my pronouns.

Back
Top Bottom