Looking for a buddy for Capilano river diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do not live in North Van anymore and will not have a car until the mid of next week...
So, if diving on June 19th I will need a carpool from Burnaby...

P.S. Going there alone in the evening is a bad idea - black bears and cougars were seen many times over there. So, please be careful...

Guys, I got a cold and my nose is fairly plugged up. Unless I clear up by the weekend, I think I'll have to pass up on this one.

PS. Keep us posted on the developments of this trip. I still want to dive the site.

Sorry, guys it's turned that I do not have a car at the moment - so, the only way for me is to carpool with someone else. Also we had some showers last few days - so, not sure how's friendly the river now...if water is high and murky - there will be not too much fun at all..

If someone ready and really wants to go tomorrow - we still can do this... Just send me an PM today and we will manage the stuff...

I just came back from checking out the spot and here's what I found:

-the water level is fine, but it's still a bit murky
-the walk down to the water is a bitch. Unless you are in fairly good shape, don't bother.
-I'd wait until a day that has a bit more sun before hand to improve the viz
-a handtruck would be a good idea
-Rabbit Lane is useless (it's a steep drop down to the river)

Otherwise it looks pretty cool and I'm looking forward to seeing what's in there, if anything. Nothing like a little adventure! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom