Looking for Cave Country Cave Diving Buddy 3/17 through 3/23 2022

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tmassey

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello!

I'm heading to Cave Country next week and I'm looking for dive buddies. I'm planning on diving from Thursday, March 17 through Wednesday, March 23, 2022.

You can see my profile for more details, but I'm a baby TDI Full Cave diver. I've got about 35 or so post-Full-class dives. I dive backmount exclusively. I'm good up to a single stage and deco, though I'm also just as good spending an hour 300 feet from the entrance just enjoying the dive, and I'm even up for a dive or two with an Intro-level buddy.

I'll likely be centered around the Ft. White area, but I'm willing to meet up anywhere nearby: From Madison Blue to Manatee, Peacock to Little River, and even Ginnie a couple of times (though not *that* many times at $24 a day... :) ).

My focus for diving is to try to slow down. I'm much less worried about where we go and how far we go, and much more interested in enjoying the dive, while working on improving my skills and technique. It's not easy for me to do that -- I'm pretty tightly wound... :) but that's my goal.

If you're interested, please feel free to reply or DM me. Thanks!

Right now I'd expect most sites to be flooded since we have had a lot of rain the last few days, flood warnings are out for hamilton, suwannee, gilchrist and columbia counties among others also santa fe river.

Michael

Right now I'd expect most sites to be flooded since we have had a lot of rain the last few days, flood warnings are out for hamilton, suwannee, gilchrist and columbia counties among others also santa fe river.

Michael

Noooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

I have to be down anyway, so I guess I’ll take what I can get.

Michael
What is the best month to dive caves in Florida?

Drove today from Lake City - Fort White - Obrien - Branford - Mayo - Perry and back. Lots of standing water along some of the roads.

Michael

I get down there on the 26th.

Son of a….
I was going to drop my tank off to have it tumbled and whipped on the 26…
My wife will be here, swing on by. I'm off to teach some some scubas.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom