Looking 4 Ice Divrs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Keep and eye out and I will post an Ice report when (if) it developes in our area. There are lots of places to get wet.

Meister481:
Diver's Supply Indy West is where I train.

Are you doing padi,tdi and inti,,,I paid for all 3 but lets talk about what I got....

If you have been talking about mike ray he is a super guy and I like him very alot.

Scott

Mike did most of my training, I've done everything but my OW and Nitrox with him. It's nice to learn from a guy who's done so much in his lifetime, and he's staying on top of the industry so well. I'll be there tomorrow, I'm trying to get my DM finished before I head to florida the 12th. He's the guy who will do my PADI ice cert, we've been wanting to see some ice this year. DSIW does mainly PADI and IANTD certs, but can work with other agencies.

No diveable ice here Wisconsin either. We have some ice dives scheduled with the LDS in Feb. I'm sure we will have enough ice by then. I did my Ice cert classes early in March last year, it was a great chance to get wet in a dry suit. I'm looking forward to doing it again. :wink:

Meister481:
Mike did most of my training, I've done everything but my OW and Nitrox with him. It's nice to learn from a guy who's done so much in his lifetime, and he's staying on top of the industry so well. I'll be there tomorrow, I'm trying to get my DM finished before I head to Florida the 12th. He's the guy who will do my PADI ice cert, we've been wanting to see some ice this year. DSIW does mainly PADI and IANTD certs, but can work with other agencies.

Make sure you wait on filling out the PADI cert until after you do the dive. They are only good for a year and there's no refund there. I went with mike on Nitrox, on o2 provider and ice diving.

He is a lot of fun to learn from.
Scott

:laughsnow: The cold snap over the last few days has started to put a sheet of ice on the lakes. Magician Lake (on the Cass / VanBuren county line) is open in the main lake but the cove at the far east end is covered. Give it a week or 10 days and it should be solid enough to dive on. If it is solid enough to walk on this time next week, I will drill it and report on the thickness. :ice:

Thanks for your update. It looks like we won't have any ice in hoosier land this year.

We look forward to hearing any good report.

BTW, where is an exact loaction?

Right now the 10 day forecast for 43210 (Columbus, Ohio) has the high temp over the next 10 days at 36 the next warmest high is 33 and other than that it's all below freezing, and spends most it's time in the 20's. There may be ice yet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom