Long weekend plans

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Awesome Kathy, I've been missing you here :(
I am on dive 81 presently, and plan on doing 6 dives this four day weekend, then next weekend is the M&G, plan on doing 4 that weekend, and I don't have any plans set after that.
I may have to take another weekday off to get my 100th in style :D--not naked, of course.

Steve, you're welcome to join me on Sunday. I've PM'd you my cell phone and we will meet at Breakwater.

Awesome Kathy, I've been missing you here :(
I am on dive 81 presently, and plan on doing 6 dives this four day weekend, then next weekend is the M&G, plan on doing 4 that weekend, and I don't have any plans set after that.
I may have to take another weekday off to get my 100th in style :D--not naked, of course.

Sounds fun! Can't wait to help celebrate! Midweek is always a treat at Lobos!

My 100th was the first OW day with my drysuit instructor last May. We had 3' vis. Certainly the dive was not in style - but the idea of being able to dive in local cold water held great promise that has delivered sweetly:D!

I don't know what Doc's availability is during the week though, I think he has a job or two, but since I found out I don't have to take these three days off at the end of December, well, that just means the potential is there for me to be able to do it. We'll have to try and find itchy and scratchy ourselves, though, should we end up at Lobos again.

Not me. Hockey tournament pretty much all day Saturday, going to be brutal too, my son's team isn't very good. Ben, let us know what conditions are like, Saturday looks like it could be pretty rough.

I don't know what Doc's availability is during the week though, I think he has a job or two, but since I found out I don't have to take these three days off at the end of December, well, that just means the potential is there for me to be able to do it. We'll have to try and find itchy and scratchy ourselves, though, should we end up at Lobos again.

We should check with Doc when I get back. Itchy & scratchy & nudi hunting on middle reef - give me a bit to finish finish finals & I'm so in ;-)

I'm at Lobos on Sat. scootering with a SoCal superstar.. Anyone else got Lobos tickets?

Have fun! Nope I'm there on Sunday

We went to Lobos today, did Betos reef and a long zig zag dive of middle reef. Vis at betos was probably 35-40ish 52F. Vis at middle was probably 20-25 down to 10 (possibly less) once inside the cove.

Great dives, and I love Betos reef, my first time there. I think I could probably find it again too. Hit a small deco obligation on the way back in, but it cleared while still at depth.

Thanks for today's report. I'll be down at BW tomorrow and I'll let you all know how that goes. :)

Today's viz at Breakwater was challenging, but had a good couple dives with scubarambo. He's amazing, he kept finding the littlest things, 1/2" hermissendra, similar sized baby starfish on a piece of kelp. It was great fun though, the place was totally empty when I got there at 7, everyone enjoying their holiday, I guess. Surf was 3-4 feet, some swell and surge at depth. Used a piece of kelp as a buddy line as we would immediately separate and get lost as soon as we descended, that worked rather well. I feel tension on the kelp, I know he's right behind me, he tugs on the kelp and shows me neat stuff, it worked really well and I felt comforted to know that we had contact even in low viz, high surge conditions.
Anyway, I have to take a shower and get ready for turkey, everyone have a wonderful, safe holiday!
-Kristina

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom