Long hose on SQ Balance - experience?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Grajan

Contributor
Reaction score
I recently ordered a 5' hose setup for use with a SeaQuest Balance BC - more for comfort and streamlining than anything else.

I am not really thrilled by the underarm hose routing of the 5' option and I do not think 6' will improve it. It looks and feels messy.

I am considering going to the 7' as it looks like it will lay better. the spare hose appears to hold under the weight system / stowed pocket OK but I am not sure it will stay there reliably (I am not interested in a canister light).

Does anyone have any experience of this configuration that might help me sort this out?

Thanks

In my case a five-foot hose was to short for use with a Balance; always felt like the reg was being pulled from my mouth, especially if I turned my head to the left. I switched to a six-foot hose, which is much better.

Mike

Grajan, I made 80+ dives in a seaquest balance + 7ft hose last year. The hose will route just fine around the pocket. You may want to keep something in the pocket to help hold the hose down. I always carried a small light in the pocket. Something like a 1lb weight would work as well.

Thanks for the info. I don't use the pocket and don't want to as it dangles too much.

I am thinking of sewing a plastic hose clip into the BC behind the pocket or something similar but I think I will switch to the 7' hose anyway.

Why do you use the 7' hose? Are you a technical diver or is it a comfort thing?

Back
Top Bottom