Long hose in panic situation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by VTWarrenG
Lessee heah, Hobbs...

1) UP's right,
2) Someone less experienced
3) No one
4) BCD breathing is practically useless.
- Warren

ok first lets answer Pug on the vis part of his answer.
no it has nothing to do with the number of ppl in the water, it has to do with weather conditions here in sweden.
2-5 meters is by my standards ok visibility. not good, not bad, just average.
I have done dives in water with basically 5-10 cm of visibility. (1/6-1/3 of a foot)

now to answer Warren

1) if that doesnt apply to you in the conditions where you dive, then by all means then dont consider it. i dive in conditions where sometimes there cen be as much as 20-30 divers at a small quarry ! this is a fact that in my diving i do consider getting as you state "mugged"!

2) point is it doenst have to be his buddy, se answer to Q1 above

3) you are then making a deadly mistake ! tec diving is NOT superior in all ways to REC diving. in TEC you have a totally different scenario. basically its not the same type of diving.
you dont have the same options of saving yourself when something goes wrong. in tec you have a logic or physical roof over your head. if you dont take care of the problem yourself and right there and then, you have only a slim chance of surviving. in REC you always have the opportunity of bolting to the surface wich aslong as you keep the speed down is perfectly safe! thats why they have made the RDPs the way they have. always able to do a direct descent from the depth.

4) if you dont want to breathe into your BCD. DONT ! this is just a way to use up exess air to slow down your ascent time ! this is NOT a possible method for a tec diver to use. with this atleast i can slow down my ascent time to 6 meters / minute wich is where I strive to go. if I am overweighted ? Yes I am, reason we have cold water conditions wich means that i will have lots of air in my drysuit so that i am not cooled down to much. (cold water ranges from -1 to +20 degrees Celsius) right now the average temp is around +2 to +3 degrees where I dive. and I dive with ppl who are less experienced, wich means i want to be able to grab on to them and make myself heavy to not have them float up incase they experience problems with boyancy and the drysuit. and to the point of where I have the gear I have, well isnt a 55lb bladder normal in techdiving ? I wouldnt know whether it is or isnt where you dive, but thats the size of the most sold bladder in sweden for tech diving, thats for shure !

dive safe
and dive with a smile :wink:

Warren, I've been trying to think of a really good diving thread to start and all I can think about is the reverse block I had last Saturday...

hey...

Do you think the board would want to talk about a blood and snot filled mask???

See you over in basic scuba discussions.

Originally posted by Blargh
- with a short hose, you dance near and you cant dance far.
- with a long hose, you dance far, but you can dance near.

How hard is that to comprehend ?

Not hard at all. I guess I never thought about the benefits of it in basic OW.

Back
Top Bottom