Local Scuba Dependency Workshop - WSSD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It was emergency therapy for me and test dive for a new dry suit for Underwaterlyle.

Less than three hours after getting off the plane Wednesday I was at the I-Beams looking at this with Underwaterlyle for the first dive of the New Year. The wolf eel didn’t want to come out. But we saw plenty of this guy taking advantage of our lights (and messing up the vis)

I hope everyone had a great new year’s eve. Marienplatz was indeed a fireworks fest.

Last night’s dives were much better even with the wind , swells and current. Got to see a few familiar characters.

And this morning I got to see an army of shrimp and a few more characters while getting some good therapy with Alkiman.

Looking forward to tonight's sessions.

DeepDog :cheers:

A little bit of OCTO therapy for the Alkiman. Alkiman gets grabbed by the big one on Tuesday!

Those GPO's are never satisfied. It starts with one arm reaching out and before you know it, they’ve got three arms around you.

It was too bad Underwaterlyle wasn’t there to donate another dive light. :eyebrow:
(I can joke since my canon flooded yesterday.)

It was a good dive on an otherwise very high tide combined with pretty high swells. Nice afternoon for a dive though.

And this just seemed kind of cool. Talbot eat your heart out. :D

DogGonIT,,,, when are you and I going again DeepDog,,, this kinda stuff makes me jellouse.... Dont forgot ol PucKy next time you go out...

DD you're such a mollusk molester ... :eyebrow:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I am soooo jealous! The constant barrage of storms here has made diving impossible! The rain finally stopped (after 13 days) and the storm drains have all overflowed, including sewer systems. The beach testers have told everybody to stay out of the ocean until next Friday!!! Yikes! :11:

L

DeepDog:
It was too bad Underwaterlyle wasn’t there to donate another dive light. :eyebrow:
(I can joke since my canon flooded yesterday.)

I have to get another light first :11: Before I can get mugged again.

Especially now that I can't use your spare anymore. Anybody have a glue stick i can use?

puckvirus:
DogGonIT,,,, when are you and I going again DeepDog,,, this kinda stuff makes me jellouse.... Dont forgot ol PucKy next time you go out...
Hey, I'm out there almost every night . . . somewhere. The problem is, we rarely know where we're going until we're driving away. Helps to be flexible.

We'll be doing dry suit training with a student at cove 2 today about noonish.

Underwaterlyle:
I have to get another light first Before I can get mugged again.

Especially now that I can't use your spare anymore. Anybody have a glue stick i can use?
The Light Canon might be ok. I fresh rinsed all the internals, cleaned all the terminals and dried everything including the battery overnight and then tested it Thursday night and it was ok down to 113. Certainly worked well enough to attract the damn seals! Worked well enough for me to get a few shots.

The eel is still afraid of the seal.

Need to test it on a few more dives (say, fifty-seven) just to be sure it's ok. So tonight will be tests number 2 and 3.

DeepDog:
The Light Canon might be ok. I fresh rinsed all the internals, cleaned all the terminals and dried everything including the battery overnight and then tested it Thursday night and it was ok down to 113.

Need to test it on a few more dives (say, fifty-seven) just to be sure it's ok. So tonight will be tests number 2 and 3.

Well it did not pass dive 2, 3, 4, and 5 tonight, which suck because it would have been nice for you to have it for taking pictures of the 10ft sixgill we ran into at Luna Park at 105ft and around 400 yards out (what a long swim dang my legs hurt) but well worth it.

But lets not forget the seal that thought Deep was cute and tried to kiss him on the surface.

Great diving

Not to do a thread hijack but:

It would be good to meet a bunch of you next Saturday at Cove 2 at 10:00 am for the Scubaboard get together.

If anyone has an easy up tent that can be set up that would be great. UPug could be conned into bringing his nice propane heater that was just used up in Port Hardy.

Underwaterlyle:
Well it did not pass dive 2, 3, 4, and 5 tonight, which suck because it would have been nice for you to have it for taking pictures of the 10ft sixgill we ran into at Luna Park at 105ft and around 400 yards out (what a long swim dang my legs hurt) but well worth it.

But lets not forget the seal that thought Deep was cute and tried to kiss him on the surface.

Great diving
Yeah, that damn light canon needs to be donated to the deep! I’m sending it in Monday.

Thanks to my C-8 back up that I got any pics at all. The light at 115 feet meant that I had to nearly touch the big thing and shoot macro extreme closeup just to claim the catch. I’m pretty sure you were waiting for the sixgill to chomp me if I accidentally bumped it.

But it was worth it. Nice solid ten footer. If we hadn’t seen it so late in the dive, we could have hung with it longer. We followed it from 105 to 119 feet. Underwaterlyle came up with 200lbs after we finished the proper stop. Pretty darn good for a 100 tank. My 119 read 600.

It was a very good workout. It has to be a good 500+ yard swim just to the buoy. We need to hang a dive flag on that sucker. Nope, this is even better. Something even the ferryboat captains can see.

Yup, seemed like there were a number of cute critters in cove 2 last night.

Came up to freezing rain after the first dive, snow after the second, and then just cold and rain on the third and fourth dives.
OEX2:
It would be good to meet a bunch of you next Saturday at Cove 2 at 10:00 am for the Scubaboard get together.
I wouldn't miss it. See you there.

Back
Top Bottom