Local News

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What the hell goes through these idiots heads. Range bag for range. Luggage for travel. It’s not complicated. Or, at least, shouldn’t be.
And it isn't just his own vacation he is affecting. A couple of years ago when we were waiting for our equipaje at the carousel in the Cozumel airport there was an incident of some kind that brought luggage handling to a halt. Only one bag came out and the carousel stopped. No one claimed it, and then there were police everywhere. We never found out what the issue was, but it was a couple of hours before our bags came out.

There's an easy way to solve travelers' memory problems about the contents of their luggage. If guns or ammunition are found in their luggage, they should be automatically incarcerated for 30 days. Sentence to begin immediately.

And it isn't just his own vacation he is affecting. A couple of years ago when we were waiting for our equipaje at the carousel in the Cozumel airport there was an incident of some kind that brought luggage handling to a halt. Only one bag came out and the carousel stopped. No one claimed it, and then there were police everywhere. We never found out what the issue was, but it was a couple of hours before our bags came out.
You’re right. I didn’t even consider the impact on people just doing the right thing and caught up in the delays.

The photo in the facial recognition article looks like one of the southern cruise ship docks, not the CZM-PDC ferry terminal.

There's an easy way to solve travelers' memory problems about the contents of their luggage. If guns or ammunition are found in their luggage, they should be automatically incarcerated for 30 days. Sentence to begin immediately.

It won't matter. That's pretty much already the case and Americans have spent months if not years in jail for bringing in "forgotten" ammo into Mexico. Usually it's at the land borders though. Mexico has a zero-tolerance policy. I've never heard of a story where someone was caught that didn't spend at least that much time. I'll bet this guy is still in a Cancun jail 90 days from now, unless he has "connections".

It won't matter. That's pretty much already the case and Americans have spent months if not years in jail for bringing in "forgotten" ammo into Mexico. Usually it's at the land borders though. Mexico has a zero-tolerance policy. I've never heard of a story where someone was caught that didn't spend at least that much time. I'll bet this guy is still in a Cancun jail 90 days from now, unless he has "connections".
I remember a story on this forum about some US celebrity (I don't remember who) who managed to get out of Mexico pretty quickly after doing something similar. Money talks.

As a ps security cameras seem to work

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom