Local News

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would not want to crowd one nor tease it with food, but we never hear of injuries with the local crocs. There have been reports of Pacific crocs (swimming in a pond at night) and Belize while spearfishing, but that's all I know of.

Talk with the golfers that have hit balls close to the ponds back when it was open - at least two I know of biten.

On the mainland, at least a few times a year there's people killed

Talk with the golfers that have hit balls close to the ponds back when it was open - at least two I know of biten.

A few years back at the paradise beach club one of the overnight staff jumped in the pool to cool off. A croc had wandered in from the mangroves bordering to the south. Worker supposedly landed on the Croc which tore him up pretty bad, can't remember if it was fatal.

Then there was the one that strolled thru the Palancar beach club a few years back

Ok, I guess they can be dangerous if crowded. As I said, I wouldn't do that.
A croc had wandered in from the mangroves bordering to the south. Worker supposedly landed on the Croc which tore him up pretty bad
Always look before you leap. 🐸

Ok, I guess they can be dangerous if crowded. As I said, I wouldn't do that.

Always look before you leap. 🐸
A crocodile can hardly be blamed for reacting aggressively when someone jumps on it. :D

I would not want to crowd one nor tease it with food, but we never hear of injuries with the local crocs. There have been reports of Pacific crocs (swimming in a pond at night) and Belize while spearfishing, but that's all I know of.
There have been a couple incidents here on Cozumel. A fisherman was bitten at night on shore and also someone at one of the beachclubs was bitten also at night when they jumped into swimming pool after hours. I've had a croc swim by me just by sunset / sand dollar sports a few years ago. They are more skittish to divers in the water. It's rare to see crocs in the ocean here.

Was just down at Alberto’s a couple weeks ago. Told the wife we should take an evening dip after dinner. Then the guy at the table next to me pointed out the big a$$ croc swimming just offshore. Waiter said it’s roughly a 12 footer. He had a cool video of it going after a coati a few nights prior. Ended up getting a mouthful of beach chair. Coati escaped.

You’re on vacation. Other than your phone, leave the electronics and go outside. If you have kids, pack a deck of cards and a board game for the potential rainy days. Or go out with them and splash in the puddles.

You don't know who is on vacation or not. We go there for weeks at a time, working remote during the week, diving on weekends.

You’re on vacation. Other than your phone, leave the electronics and go outside. If you have kids, pack a deck of cards and a board game for the potential rainy days. Or go out with them and splash in the puddles.
You don't know who is on vacation or not. We go there for weeks at a time, working remote during the week, diving on weekends.
Ya same with us. We spend as much time as we can in Coz during the winter. My wife works a couple days a week and I dive everyday. Nice to watch a movie every now and then as well so we have a personal PC and a work PC.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom