Local advice please :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kevin Ripley:
Maybe TomR or JamesP will put up the picture of me trying out a valve drill two weekends ago to see just how flexible my new Diving Concepts custom suit is. I'll let the pic tell the tale.

As per your request :10:

Kevin Ripley:
Maybe TomR or JamesP will put up the picture of me trying out a valve drill two weekends ago to see just how flexible my new Diving Concepts custom suit is. I'll let the pic tell the tale.

Holy Cow!!! you are good!!! :dazzler1: :dazzler1:

Is this "flexibility" due to the custom work on the suit or are these suits that flexible? I can reach that far back with a t-shirt on but not even close to that with my suit!

SoScuba:
Is this "flexibility" due to the custom work on the suit or are these suits that flexible? I can reach that far back with a t-shirt on but not even close to that with my suit!

It is a custom cut suit. Dan MacKay and I worked closely with Jim Roberts from Diving Concepts to design a suit cut that is very flexible but close cut in the legs to give a true full range of motion without having any air trapping problems in the legs. We spent a almost year divng and re-measureing this style so that DC could get the patterns figured out. I am also using the Diving Concepts Thinsulate Extreme (equivelant to a 400g type B) which is custom cut as well.

In fairness, I am very flexible, but I couldn't do this in my custom DUI CF200 with the same underwear on. What it comes down to is the combination of the suit and underwear. Some suits are fine for flexibility until the diver puts on a restrictive undergarment. The restrictive area to watch for is in the armpit area. The DC suits have an extra panel in that area just for this reason and the DC Thinsulate Extreme undergarments have arms with a lycra outer shell so that they will strech as well.

If you're making that little in a year Art, you should look at a change of vocation. :boings:

The reason our suits took so much tweaking is that no one had built this cut before so Dan and I were the Beta testers for the R&D team. Now that the suits are done, there should be no problem getting the suits. Tom R can comment better on this since he is on the sales end.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom