First light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do you guys have any recommendations for a hand mount so I can go hands free with with the DGX 700? anyone have experience with their brand one?

I have used the Oxycheq light sock and it works really well. But, they make (or used to make?) two sizes for skinnier and fatter lights. I cannot remember which is which for fitting to DGX light. I *think* it's the bigger one that fits the DGX light and it is a really tight fit to get the light into it.

If you search old posts here, you can probably find the info on for sure which Oxycheq Raider light sock is the right size.

ps. The "Universal" one is a totally different design. A design that I have also used and really don't like.

pps. I say that I have used the Oxycheq sock, which I have. I don't anymore because I have found that, for ME, it works best to just have the light clipped to my right chest D-ring. Most of the time, I just turn it on and leave it clipped there. It's easy to grab and point where I want it without having to unclip it. Sometimes, I do want to unclip it and have more flexibility in where I point it. For those times, I just hold it. If I were really worried about dropping it, I would unclip the bolt snap from my chest D-ring and then clip it to a bungee cord around my wrist - like, for example, one of the ones holding my dive computer on my arm. Or I could just make a loop of bungee to put around my wrist for that purpose.

Back
Top Bottom