Liquivison X1 - Any reason not to purchase?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's not Air Integrated. I know alot of others don't care or don't like it. Personally I do and for that much money I would want the option to have it.

Sort of like faulting a Porsche GT2 for not having an automatic transmission available.

62.jpg

I would like better logging software. I bought an outside vendor's software that is supposed to be compatible with the X1's output, but I've never figured out how to export the files to it. The existing software does not make it easy to sort your dives, to be able to pull out cave dives, or trimix dives.

If it's Diving Log, please feel free to contact me, I'm happy to help you to export your dives to Diving Log!

I agree that the data transfer from the X1 Log Manager to Diving Log could be more easily, but Ross told me that the export to CSV format is the only way for me to access the data. I wish I could provide a better solution!

I would give a second vote for the shearwater computer. It is a gradient factor computer that you can put in your own factors and get a rec dive profile to a deco profile all in one computer. it has a user changable battery in it. It will do everything from open circut to CCR.

Russ

IMO, you can't go wrong purchasing the X-1. I feel it's worth the price and much more when you consider how much a D9, OC1, and a few other non-trimix computers sell for.

Ignoring the cost, can anyone share a reason not to purchase a Liquivision X-1. I will use it for technical training (open circuit) nothing too serious for now but i am sure that will change as this stuff is addictive. I will use the D9 as a back up in gauge mode.
- Is the product and its software stable?
As stable as v-planner itself.
- If you own one would you purchase it again?
Yes. Hopefully will have my second x1 in a month or two.
- Does manufacturer promptly handle any problems?

Absolutely. I purchased my first x1 used. While in Florida last month doing tech wreck & trimix training I had problems with the pressure sensor. It never failed on me during a dive but I had left it in my fin boot in direct sunlight and after it heated up, it went on a dive without me until it cooled off. I contacted Liquivision and Emilie got back to me within the hour. They ended up shipping me the latest (hardware) version over night.
Ross (V-Planner, & Live, etc) re-issued me a new license as well in less than an hour for the new computer.
To say I am impressed with them is a huge understatement. I think most are aware at how many of the manufacturers balk at doing anything for customers with out of warranty equipment, much less something bought used or God forbid, on the "gray market" / Internet. Liquivision was singularly focused on getting me back in the water with a new x1 as soon as possible, and for that they have really impressed me.

While the Predator looks nice, I like the size of the x1 and that I have a number of different firmware (software) options, especially v-planner (live) and now MultiDeco, which I recently upgraded to. I also like having the option to use the X1 to actually plan the dive if you didn't have your laptop or other computer running v-planner handy. The X1 can also handle CCR's with the X1 Link, and I seem to recall talk about a possible future air-integration add-on being mentioned for those who might want one. The optical connection for the X1 Link seems like a good upgrade conduit for any number of possible things, including future C02 CCR sensing.

Get one.. You won't regret it.. And if you have already used one during training, you know what I mean. :wink:

David

Another vote for the X1. Nice size, great screen and very easy to use. The versatility of the software available is what sold me on the X1 over the Shearwater. If there are any major changes in algorithms or any thing else for that matter the X1 can be reprogrammed overnight, the Shearwater cannot.

I forgot to mention I really like the "taps" system = no buttons to have to press. It is the most intuitive computer I've owned to date. Navigation is excellent.

Another vote for the X1. Nice size, great screen and very easy to use. The versatility of the software available is what sold me on the X1 over the Shearwater. If there are any major changes in algorithms or any thing else for that matter the X1 can be reprogrammed overnight, the Shearwater cannot.

The firmware on the Shearwater can be upgraded at any time by just uploading the latest version off the Shearwater website, it is then uploaded via Bluetooth into the computer.

Not a problem, don't want any miss information floating around :)

Its still going to be GF isnt it? I dont think there is a VPM program for the Predator? I am not in anyway knocking the Predator, I just like the open platform of the X1 and the size is better for me.

I don't have one, but I will be purchasing an X-1 with next years tax return.

Seems like a ton of money for something that isn't absolutely necessary? A bottom timer with a set of tables works just as well and it's a LOT cheaper..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom