link appearance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mike_s

Contributor
Reaction score
Since the board was upgraded, Links posted just don't seem to "stand out" as much as they use to. They look like normal text, perhaps a slight shade color difference

example if I link ScubaBoard - ScubaBoard Home <-- Link

They used to be "much bolder" and a difference in color

like: ScubaBoard - ScubaBoard Home

any thoughts on changing it to a view that's easier to see that it's a link? (if that's possible from an admin chance)

I usually bold mine, but it would be nice to not bother...

The problem is... There are SO MANY LINKS. Avatars, thread titles, sig lines, photos posted, navigation breadcrumb, etc... It makes the pages cluttery with so many items underlined.

I don't think I can specify the links in posts vs the links elsewhere.

I've messed around with this a little bit, but will try to add something to the style definitions. I think for posts, it's not a bad idea.

Since the board was upgraded, Links posted just don't seem to "stand out" as much as they use to. They look like normal text, perhaps a slight shade color difference

example if I link ScubaBoard - ScubaBoard Home <-- Link

They used to be "much bolder" and a difference in color

like: ScubaBoard - ScubaBoard Home

any thoughts on changing it to a view that's easier to see that it's a link? (if that's possible from an admin chance)

I am assuming that Howard has already tweaked things because these links seem to jump out compared to before. Thanks

I made the link color match the color of the Nav Bar background. It should make things pop a little more, without the annoyance of having 500 underlined words on each page.

I made the link color match the color of the Nav Bar background. It should make things pop a little more, without the annoyance of having 500 underlined words on each page.

IMO it definitely did help. The links in Mike's post seem to pop out at the reader.

IMO it definitely did help. The links in Mike's post seem to pop out at the reader.

I agree. It helps them stand out MUCH better.

I can understand the "clutter look" of having them underlined also. ( I just used that as an example).

this works much better.

Thanks for the effort Howard. :thumb:

EDIT: It appears (in my browser) that when you "mouse over" a link, that it will underline it's appearance.

Looks nice. :thumb: So I can stop bolding my links. My old bold links will be even bolder I suppose, but no biggie.

Thank you, Howard! I was putting mine in caps, or even putting in the code to make them red. I can stop doing that now!

Back
Top Bottom