Levers levers everywhere...

Curly feet lever or old lever with S-Wing poppet on G250

• New curly lever

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Old lever (original)

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can confirm using a G260 lever with a G250V diaphragm in a G250 all looks to work as it should. I'll dive it to be sure, but looks like a go.

Hold on, Houston there may be a problem. Took it out again today and it seemed to be breathing rather hard, inhalation seemed labored. Now this was after using a D series for almost all the dive so perhaps it just felt hard in comparison.

I'll put it on a gauge tomorrow and try to see if the issue is real or imagined. The diaphragm is larger in surface area than a G250 so I guess it is possible that it's not playing as well as I first thought.

Hopefully no one rushed out a bought a pile of G250V diaphragms, sorry about that.

Maybe you should shoot DA Aquamaster a PM and get his opinion. From what I remember, the G-250V was not a straight reissue of the G-250 but had some changes made to it. Scuba Pro called these "enhancements" but I am not so sure.

Maybe you should shoot DA Aquamaster a PM and get his opinion. From what I remember, the G-250V was not a straight reissue of the G-250 but had some changes made to it. Scuba Pro called these "enhancements" but I am not so sure.

Most of the changes were cosmetic although IIRC the barrel is longer to accommodate a slightly different jam nut arrangement, the flow vane was changed and is not interchangeable (I tried) and the case is slightly different in regards to the number of threads where the face plate attaches, this could account for the taller diaphragm. I keep meaning to order a faceplate to see for myself. I'll look into mine properly today and see what I come up with, if anything. I'll post back with my findings.

I checked my messages and found an exchange with DA from a while ago who said the diaphragm "could" be causing an issue.

Put it on a gauge and was cracking at 1.3" not terrible but I couldn't get it any lower, swapped out to a "normal" G250 diaphragm and could get cracking down to 1". So it seems although one "can" use a G250V diaphragm performance seems to suffer a little. All said and done though I think the biggest contributing factor to my initial impression it was hard to breathe was just coming off a D series. Oh no, I've been ruined by the "D".

Back
Top Bottom