Let's get to know the Philippine paradise divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

D_B:
Yep ... due to combination of cooler and compund. One of the best CPU coolers - Zalman 7000A-Cu , all copper, big & heavy,770g ... Zalman
and best thermal compound out there - Artic Silver 5 can actually make 2/5 * difference ... Artic Silver 5
I can have the motherboard control fan speed by variable steped speeds/temp, or fixed speed or just set a max. temp and it will leave fan off until that temp is reached. If set to 40c, it will stay off most of the time
I now have it set to fixed speed (60% nearly silent) because it cools the Northbridge and the power MOSFETs that way. CPU temp will not go above 43c and is usually around 33c with a case temp of 30c
2nd PC I've owned and only PC I've ever built, did lots of research before buying parts

Thanks
DB

ahhh yes! figured you're using Silver 5 hehehehe

Thanks bud & again welcome to the PPD

we better get this thread on track 'coz the lolo (grandpa) is back :D

I use Arctic Silver and have a Zalman 7700 Cu and haven't been very happy with it. There seems to be something goofy with the RPM settings. I can let it auto-determine the speed it should run at or I can tell it myself and if I do it myself it runs slower but cooler. Yes, slower and cooler.

I had wanted to overclock my CPU (AMD 3800+) and video card (NVidia 7800 GT) but since the temp is running at 45C when I have 100% utilization for hours (gaming), I figured extra heat would be unwise.

this is my cue to leave, i never really understood the internals of a computer:)

Halthron:
I use Arctic Silver and have a Zalman 7700 Cu and haven't been very happy with it. There seems to be something goofy with the RPM settings. I can let it auto-determine the speed it should run at or I can tell it myself and if I do it myself it runs slower but cooler. Yes, slower and cooler.

I had wanted to overclock my CPU (AMD 3800+) and video card (NVidia 7800 GT) but since the temp is running at 45C when I have 100% utilization for hours (gaming), I figured extra heat would be unwise.
thanks for the info halthron, was gonna get the artic silver but maybe not so anymore. When I first began using my computer which I shipped over from Canada it kept shutting down cause of the dang heat. I've fixed that now cause I leave a panel open and just have the room fan blasting it. :)

chip104:
thanks for the info halthron, was gonna get the artic silver but maybe not so anymore. When I first began using my computer which I shipped over from Canada it kept shutting down cause of the dang heat. I've fixed that now cause I leave a panel open and just have the room fan blasting it. :)

you sure it's the heat that's making it shut down? try checking the power supply :D

if you need some silver 5 text me, i've got 2 tubes of it :D

i'm using a Cooler Master Jet 7+ on my AMD with Silver 5...quiet & not heating up :D

I like the Arctic Silver thermal compound, it dropped the temp by 5-6 degrees all by itself.

jonix:
you sure it's the heat that's making it shut down? try checking the power supply :D

if you need some silver 5 text me, i've got 2 tubes of it :D

i'm using a Cooler Master Jet 7+ on my AMD with Silver 5...quiet & not heating up :D
yep, I changed power supply no dice. The only thing that fixed it was when I left the panel opened and put the fan on it. Or maybe it had an evil spirit inside, as my cousin suggested (and no, he knows nothing about computers).

Like I said, I got into diving, which took away most of my modding budget. Shame since you can get a lot of cheap stuff at Gilmore.

chip104:
yep, I changed power supply no dice. The only thing that fixed it was when I left the panel opened and put the fan on it. Or maybe it had an evil spirit inside, as my cousin suggested (and no, he knows nothing about computers).

what power supply did you change it with? try the branded one's like enermax

chip104:
Or maybe it had an evil spirit inside, as my cousin suggested (and no, he knows nothing about computers).

Quick go get the Albularyo to Tawas it :D

Ben_ca:
Quick go get the Albularyo to Tawas it :D

hehehe, on that note my tita, tito and kids still go to a healot. Last time I drove my cousin there was cause of a sprained ankle. She walked in hobbling in pain and came out running. And then my other cousin went in with difficulty breathing and it was apparently cause of a rib that was misalligned so he realligned it (don't ask me how - I never venture into his shack) and my cousin was fine after that. :06:

only in the Philippines I tell myself... :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom