Let's get to know the Philippine paradise divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yomar:
I have to agree. Nice casing, DB! I like what you did with the top window. Nice work on the cables, too.. very neat! :wink:

I'm surprised you didn't buy the LIAN-LI casing which has fishes swimming around. That would be a great casing for divers hehe. :)

When I was still addicted to modding I came up with these simple mods :wink:
I wanted to get the fan control knobs. Worth it?

I ultimately ended up diving instead of modding my comp. :)

chip104:
hey man, no malicious content in my gallery. It's all wholesome material. :)

@ Dennis: that's cool you own it, my friend is a big fan of the team! I thought maybe there was another Kelowna. I've been told the best time to travel to Tubbataha is March - June, Coron from Oct-March, and Bohol I'm not too sure. But to be honest, I've been told so many different times from different divers that I've summed it up that anytime is a good time to dive here! :)

Thanks for the info Chip. I always travel with Rockets stuff to give away, as Mike V. can tell you. I'll bring some for you guys.

Well, it satisfied my craving for a cool-looking front panel. But after I installed it, I never touched it again. I just set the knobs to full blast. The fans aren't that noisy anyways. Just spend the 1.5k on diving na lang bro :wink:

Thanks guys :D
Chip104 ...The fans are controled thermally by the power supply and run on about 5v or 7v and you can not hear them unless your ear is next to them. Noisiest things in case are the power supply and vidio card (not loud, can hear them is all)
Jonix ... Case temps about 30c most of the time and if I want to, I can have the fan on the Processor stay off when I'm just web surfing ... It's that good
Yomar ... nice case mod , you should post it at CMG :) ha, fishies lol

D_B:
Thanks guys :D
Jonix ... Case temps about 30c most of the time and if I want to, I can have the fan on the Processor stay off when I'm just web surfing ... It's that good

!!! you really turn off the fan? may this humble representation know what brand of thermal compound you use? :D

Yep ... due to combination of cooler and compund. One of the best CPU coolers - Zalman 7000A-Cu , all copper, big & heavy,770g ... Zalman
and best thermal compound out there - Artic Silver 5 can actually make 2/5 * difference ... Artic Silver 5
I can have the motherboard control fan speed by variable steped speeds/temp, or fixed speed or just set a max. temp and it will leave fan off until that temp is reached. If set to 40c, it will stay off most of the time
I now have it set to fixed speed (60% nearly silent) because it cools the Northbridge and the power MOSFETs that way. CPU temp will not go above 43c and is usually around 33c with a case temp of 30c
2nd PC I've owned and only PC I've ever built, did lots of research before buying parts

Thanks
DB

Oh no ... That is what is so great about CMG ... Friendliest, Most helpful, place around, Very new guy friendly, all skills welcome, no one gets flamed ... ever
(sorta like NMOF/MOF)

Post your case and see, Trust me

DB

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom