Let's get to know the Philippine paradise divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kaikala:
hello all!

thanks for the warm welcome!
iris_ice: yeah sayang - although may harvest ulit this weekend..hehehe. Magdadala ako sa MSI tom PM :fruit:
clgsamson: padalhan na lang kita kay iris (hehehe) :D Sana meron pa
Hope to meet u guys in the future! :clock:

lanzones... yum! :icosm05: mainggit kayo... hee hee... :D

kaikala:
hello all!

thanks for the warm welcome!

iris_ice: yeah sayang - although may harvest ulit this weekend..hehehe. Magdadala ako sa MSI tom PM :fruit:

can i join the harvet , to pick them off the tree?

DiveGolfSki:
Ouch ... Aray. :thumb:
Is there a certain age in the Philippines when people starts calling you tito versus manung? :)

subzero:
Is there a certain age in the Philippines when people starts calling you tito versus manung? :)

Dunno but try calling this guy lolo (he is 75) and I'm sure he'll have a problem. BTW, I have met him, he's a big guy.

subzero:

it is not aged based, it is state based;

a "tito" is a parents sibling ; ex. subzero has a brother named pluszero; pluszero has a child named Bokya; subzero is Bokyas' tito regardless of age.

a "manong" is an elder male , ex. a 7yr old boy is a manong of a 6 yr old boy or girl.

another Filipino 101 from PPD ....

pao naman, you forgot to add to the illustration...

paolo is "manong" because being the most senior + instructor in the group he serves as our "village elder"... he is also a guy of very little words (pero with substance!) hence a more serious tone to his demeanor...

clgsamson is "tito" because although he too is among the senior members of the group his postings make him the older but fun type who gets the younger kids into harmless trouble - much like a favorite uncle... hence "tito"

jonix would fit the role of "kuya" which would be older brother... his combo of relative seniority yet relative inexperience allows him to join adult conversations and act as a positive role model to the younglings - really a guy we learn from while he learns himself...

now, since we're using message tones and demeanors as the basis, i have just relegated myself to "tutuy" - or the bottom of this familial food chain... i'm the noisy snot-nosed kid who's still wet behind the ears and has a lot to learn...

between "tutuy" and "kuya" would be "bata"... generic for "kid"...

female version of the "tutuy" would be "neneng" or "ineng"... up to iris to jump in on one of these if she wants to...

i have no research to back this up, but you should here my theory on michael jackson hehehehehe

Jag

shugar:
pao naman, you forgot to add to the illustration...

paolo is "manong" because being the most senior + instructor in the group he serves as our "village elder"... he is also a guy of very little words (pero with substance!) hence a more serious tone to his demeanor...

clgsamson is "tito" because although he too is among the senior members of the group his postings make him the older but fun type who gets the younger kids into harmless trouble - much like a favorite uncle... hence "tito"

jonix would fit the role of "kuya" which would be older brother... his combo of relative seniority yet relative inexperience allows him to join adult conversations and act as a positive role model to the younglings - really a guy we learn from while he learns himself...

now, since we're using message tones and demeanors as the basis, i have just relegated myself to "tutuy" - or the bottom of this familial food chain... i'm the noisy snot-nosed kid who's still wet behind the ears and has a lot to learn...

between "tutuy" and "kuya" would be "bata"... generic for "kid"...

female version of the "tutuy" would be "neneng" or "ineng"... up to iris to jump in on one of these if she wants to...

i have no research to back this up, but you should here my theory on michael jackson hehehehehe

Jag
Si jonix kuya?!!! hwag! hwag kuya! kuya hwag! Si ate! lagot ka ke ate! Kuya please hwag!....................Kuyaaaaaaa....wala si ate.....nya-a-a.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom