Lets get MOTIVATED!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i hear you alcina.... since christmas ive been lethargic

another positive....ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

my shoe sizes have gone down half a size!!! weird but true

I have lost a total of 80 something pound, but its creeping back up due to muscle or bad eating habits again. But the good thing is I'm down from a waist of 38 to 30 and I look like a ballerina (scary and confusing isn't it? :confused:) in a wetsuit. The bad problem is because I've gain muscles, they're acting like either ice packs or cooler because they're making me colder in the water.

Almity..... WHOA! To give you a little perspective... 100 lbs is what a baby hippo weighs! You must feel really good about that success! Isn't it nice to be able to buy clothing in "normal" stores! Such good feelings when we look at where we came from and where we are! Keep going!

Roy... WHOA! You've lost 80 lbs! I knew you had lost alot, but I didn't know it was that much! Good for you! Now it's time to pack on those 6 pack abs.... then us girls want a nice shirtless muscle pic of you to put at our desk! Tehehe! :wink:

Alcina... I hope you can find the thread helpful! I kinda felt that lots of us needed a little boost, myself included. :)

Now, for things that I've noticed in my weight loss...
- Like Almity... I can shop in "normal" clothing stores now!
- I can fit in roller coaster seats without being afraid to see if the bars/belts will latch.
- I've gone from a 28 to 20 in pants, and a 3X (26-28) to a 1X (18-20)!!!
- My feet shrunk a 1/2 size too!
- My blood pressure (though never high), has gone down.
- Last, but certainly not least... I've found LOTS of NEW FRIENDS on SB that help to push me along!!!! I really hope that some day I get to meet each and every one you!

WHOA!!! We're up to 9 people... and a WHOPPING 442 pounds!!!

That is equivalent to 2 baby elephants or...
A 12 foot long male bottlenose dolphin or...
51.5 gallons of milk!

Quote for the day...

" So you want to see into your FUTURE? Take a good look at the goals and plans you have written down and read, habits you have completed, and attitudes you have displayed - TODAY. The future you want begins with the today you are experiencing - NOW!"
Copyright © 2007 Dr. Robert B. Sheely

Let's make some good choices today!

"Take care of your body with steadfast fidelity. The soul must see through these eyes alone, and if they are dim, the whole world is clouded." -Goethe (one of my favorite quotes)

"When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn." - Harriett Beecher Stowe

"Habit is habit and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed downstairs a step at a time." - Mark Twain

My total is 3.5 lbs lost (3 weeks). I was feeling kind of dejected about it until last night, in the grocery store, I picked up a 3# pack of ground beef. Thinking that much "crap" has somehow been removed from my body changed my perspective. :snowbear:

Nice quotes, Sarita!

Hey... 3.5 lbs is 3.5 lbs! Everyone starts somewhere... we won't hit 4 till we've hit 3.5, and so on and on! Right! Good job! You've done some great workouts lately! Keep it up! I'll add your loss into the running total after a get a couple more "loss posts". :wink:

I can't say I've lost any weight as I'm still fluctuating between 137-140 pounds and have been since my "Day 1" in early December but I HAVE lost 1.1% of my body fat and I've gotten strong as an OX!
Ber :lilbunny:

Just curious Ber, how tall are you? It does not look like you need to lose an ounce!

Hey all. I'll sound off. I've lost 5 lbs since I started dieting and going to the gymm 1.5 weeks ago. My goal (Initial Goal) is to lose 80lbs. If I get that off i'll see where I want to go from there!

What excersizes are you all doing to lose weight? Right now i'm trying to do as much time as I can on an orbital machine and some low weight/high rep excersizes on various weight machines...

-Matt

Hi, Matt...

Thanks for posting, and keep up the great work! You should visit our fitness challenge threads. At the very least, they're motivating and entertaining! LOL As far as the "kind" of exercise I do... well... I walk and do workout DVDs. My job is also pretty good exercise, as I'm a Paramedic and I run around an ER for 8-12 hours at a time. LOL I used to go to the gym, and I still have that membership, but haven't been able to make it up there recently. I really should go back, if for nothing else but the weights.

I have 78 more pounds to lose. Stick with us, and we'll all lose the extra baggage together! :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom