Let's dive in Ft Lauderdale!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reef.....is mksmith713 sleeping with you??
OH, I get it "the reef" "mother nature" !!:lotsalove:

I will PM you my cell. I will be driving down on Sat AM, boat diving Sat afternoon and Sunday AM, then driving back home. Do you want to join our group?

Others will be shore diving Sunday.

Dont think I will make it to the crack of dawn dive but it does sound VERY interesting!

I asked OneSpeed to come by and give a description of the reef - I'm not good at that kind of thing. I can just tell you I love it.

I'm also going to start a thread for the QuarterDeck and see who else would like to join for Saturday night. :)

Yeah, did you read that part "DIVERS DONT SMOKE"???
There should be a law like that! LMAO!

I guess I'm a little naive. :wink:

Robin and I will be taking enough tanks for both, two tank dives so we really need to take our truck. You can join us if you want to leave on Saturday AM. (I am TRYING to get Robin to leave on Friday night. Tough when business owns you.)

Well it doesn't look like anyone will need to make use of my rental car around here, so I'd love to ride with you. How do you have so many tanks? Got any suggestions as to where I should get mine? I called Narcosis, but they're an awful long drive just to pick up air.

Anyway, I'm very flexible at this point (read: have not booked any hotels). But I'm about to book La Quinta... still looking for a roommate.

Salmon, I would love to join you folks for shore diving on Sunday.
As you can see, I'm still pretty new to diving and I'm trying to log dives so I can meet the dive pre reqs for the Rescue course.
I thought I was leaning towards becoming a techie but after doing a few cold @ss quarry dives, I realized that I'm more a, "Look at the pretty fish" kind of divers.
I'll have my camera in tow...so...smile pretty.... fishies.......:)

Alwayssummer:
I am a lifelong NON-smoker and like to tease those who smoke. Not mentioning any names.

If you want to ride with me I will swith vehicles and take my cargo van. It has much more passenger room than the pick-up.

You have my cell number so give me a call, I can probably help you out with air and discuss accomodations. Are you nitrox certified?

I am planning to head to Ft Lauderdale area in April (4 days) with some buds we were looking to dive in Pompano area. We have never dived in this area, and are not from the area can anybody tell me a good dive shop that offers guides with the dives? Most shops have advised me they drop you off and if we wanted guides we have to pay an additional $75.00. We are looking to do some rec dives 40-60 ft.

You should probably start a thread on this in the main Conch Forum. I will recommend you give Todd@American Dream a shout - 954-577-0338 - he runs an excellent charter :) If you post a thread - I'm sure some locals will join you.

Got any suggestions as to where I should get mine?

I'm a tankless wonder like you are. The Saturday dive can include tanks for an additional $20, which isn't the cheapest deal ever, but it takes care of all the hassle. I will probably rent from ProDive for my Sunday shore dive.

I'm a tankless wonder like you are. The Saturday dive can include tanks for an additional $20, which isn't the cheapest deal ever, but it takes care of all the hassle. I will probably rent from ProDive for my Sunday shore dive.

FillExpress is close by and much better priced. There is a link in the post OneSpeed made :) I think I will just ride with you, if that is okay. That way I am not shuttling gear around. :D

Salmon, I would love to join you folks for shore diving on Sunday.
As you can see, I'm still pretty new to diving and I'm trying to log dives so I can meet the dive pre reqs for the Rescue course.
I thought I was leaning towards becoming a techie but after doing a few cold @ss quarry dives, I realized that I'm more a, "Look at the pretty fish" kind of divers.
I'll have my camera in tow...so...smile pretty.... fishies.......:)

If you are shorediving on Sunday - you are stuck w/ us :devil: Salmon is doing a charter. We will be doing Hibiscus/Lauderdale by the Sea.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom