Let's dive in Ft Lauderdale!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alright, I got out of the CPR class. I am ready to go and will prolly make my reservations tomorrow afternoon. I still have to see if Robin or Tod will be coming with me.

At least III's BC will have some fun this weekend.........

Excellent! Another biker, oh I mean diver.

What's wrong with your Cressi? Just curious since I have the same one.

There are a number of reasons for looking to switch from my Cressi "flight control" BC.
1) The pockets are tiny to not useful for anything
2) Very bulky and takes up a lot of room in a dive bag on airplane. (trying to get the size of dive gear minimized for flying.
3) Manual inflator hose is stuffed into one of the pockets. Not easily accessible. (also consuming very limited pocket space)
4) It is in my opinion about 4lb positive bouyancy (with a BP/Wing and a steel tank I am hoping to reduce my lead requirement)
5) Cannot carry doubles or be modified for more advanced diving in the future.
6) Large weight pouches get in the way when spearing. (Especially when full diving 22lbs with a semi dry suit in 62 degree water)

Other than that it is a nice BC. I have about 210 dives on it without any problems. I will keep it as a back up for awhile.

I can't make Saturday's dive as my boss it taking me to Cirqu de Soliel that night. But I am thinking about joining you on your beach dive. I have only done BHB once and it was great. Let me know if you all are getting together for dinner Friday night over here. I am only a couple miles from where you are staying and might join you.
kim

Oh I love the Cirque. I've been there at least a dozen times and still enjoy that show!

Hey D..........why dont you like the Tracy dive in Lauderdale?
I have scheduled my Sunday dives with American Dream and they are doing that dive.

Want to join us! Everyone welcome!

I have scheduled my Sunday dives with American Dream and they are doing that dive.

Details?

Actually it is an excellent dive and Captain Todd rocks! :thumbs-up It's only that I have done that dive maybe 8 times or more. That said, it has been a while :cool2:

The details of the dive are
American Dream 954-577-0338. Capt. Todd
Dive 1: Wreck TBD, probably the Ken Vitale (aka Tracy) 70' deep. (Majority can pick the dive site)
Dive 2: 30' reef
Cost: $60.00
Boat leaves @ 8:30am
Divers must provide ALL gear, including air and weight.
They were recommended by Pro Dive and are close to their operation.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am planning to head to Ft Lauderdale area in April (4 days) with some buds we were looking to dive in Pompano area. We have never dived in this area, and are not from the area can anybody tell me a good dive shop that offers guides with the dives? Most shops have advised me they drop you off and if we wanted guides we have to pay an additional $75.00. We are looking to do some rec dives 40-60 ft.

The details of the dive are
American Dream 954-577-0338. Capt. Todd
Dive 1: Wreck TBD, probably the Ken Vitale (aka Tracy) 70' deep. (Majority can pick the dive site)
Dive 2: 30' reef
Cost: $60.00
Boat leaves @ 8:30am
Divers must provide ALL gear, including air and weight.
They were recommended by Pro Dive and are close to their operation.

You'll find they get great reviews all over the board as well. Plus I recommend them :D

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom