Latest on Cozumel and Hurricane Emily

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good luck.

Only info I could find is this

The National Hurricane Center in Miami said Emily made landfall near Tulum — 100 miles south of Cancun. The northern eyewall — where the worst weather would be expected — passed directly over Cozumel, it said

Hope all is well.

I just talked to Christi on the phone and she said she and all her guest were okay. She advised me that they finally got to sleep at about 4:30 this morning.

She said that the winds were really really scarry and that the little house acrss the street form her place was completely gone. She says she is really scared to go to the colletta because several of the boats were not secured and she is afraid of the damage that was done. Shamu was out of the water and secured down but a lot of boats were not. She said there is no power but she was amazed that there was phone.

She said she was going to sleep all day and she wouold try to get online later. I told her I would post this on the board and hope that everyone would let her sleep for awhile.

Thanks Chuck

chuck86:
I just talked to Christi on the phone and she said she and all her guest were okay. She advised me that they finally got to sleep at about 4:30 this morning.

She said that the winds were really really scarry and that the little house acrss the street form her place was completely gone. She says she is really scared to go to the colletta because several of the boats were not secured and she is afraid of the damage that was done. Shamu was out of the water and secured down but a lot of boats were not. She said there is no power but she was amazed that there was phone.

She said she was going to sleep all day and she wouold try to get online later. I told her I would post this on the board and hope that everyone would let her sleep for awhile.

Thanks Chuck

That's great news... we were all pulling for ya Christi! Hopefully the damage around the island isn't too severe.

The video report I saw on CNN.com said that Cozumel got it pretty bad.

Excellent news that you're safe Christi. :thumb:

Here's hoping everyone nearby fared as well!

On the tube I heard "no reports of major damage in the area" from Cancun. Not sure if that included Cozumel, but I would cautiously say it looks hopeful, at least for major catastrophic structural damage and injuries.

This is the only current article I found quickly this morning:
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=10000086&sid=aeZ4D1L.swFg&refer=latin_america

I'm gonna keep looking; maybe there's something from Mexico City posted.

I hope and pray for no loss of life, and that all the villages and their inhabitants throughout the Yucatan survived this storm. My thoughts and prayers for all the people of the Yucatan, and everyone affected . I heard Playa got hit hard, and that the storm came ashore in Tulum...which would put the worst of it north of there...Coz - Cancun - Akumal - Playa - etc.

Back
Top Bottom