Latest on Cozumel and Hurricane Emily

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We too hope that you and your staff are safe and sound as the storm approaches. We have been watching over the last couple days, and know the craziness that occurs when you are waiting and wondering if the approaching hurricane will be as bad that they say... Take care Christi, we can't wait to hear from you again after the storm passes so you can tell us you are all ok!

Hang in there Christi!!! Our thought are with you and everyone in Cozumel. Stay safe! Material things will be replaced...we can't replace you! Looking forward to hearing from you when this all over!

Michelle & Rick

Christi:
Yes, unusual and scary! We have 4 more months of this to look forward to!

I don't like that Gilbert comparison AT ALL!!! :11:

I just spoke to my wife about an hour ago. She's been at our house in Cozumel all summer, painting, and supervising some renovations.

She was sitting outside watching the wind blow with her mother who is visiting.
At 5 p.m. there was no rain. She has all the windows boarded up and has lots of extra water and supplies if there is a sustained loss of services.

The house was built 40 years ago and has more concrete, blocks and rebar than you can imagine. The walls are about three times as thick as our brick home. It remains me of a bank vault. I just hope it holds up like one.

Christi,

Thank you for taking the precious time to give us updates. So many of us love Cozumel and its people that it it difficult to see you all under threat. Our thoughts are with you and our fingers are crossed. Good luck!

Jim Baldwin:
I just spoke to my wife about an hour ago. She's been at our house in Cozumel all summer, painting, and supervising some renovations.

She was sitting outside watching the wind blow with her mother who is visiting.
At 5 p.m. there was no rain. She has all the windows boarded up and has lots of extra water and supplies if there is a sustained loss of services.

The house was built 40 years ago and has more concrete, blocks and rebar than you can imagine. The walls are about three times as thick as our brick home. It remains me of a bank vault. I just hope it holds up like one.

I think(hope) she should be fine.

Ron

Jim Baldwin:
... She has all the windows boarded up and has lots of extra water and supplies if there is a sustained loss of services.

Jim,

Glad you had a chance to know they were ready. Sounds like they will be OK. As you can see from reading this board, many, many prayers are heading to the region also… Let us know how it turns out.

This is the blessing of Internet, that the global community can come together and send prayers of encouragement and hope to those in need.
Good luck and Godspeed!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom