Latest on Cozumel and Hurricane Emily

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been on the road far the past 21 hours unable to connect with my sprint phone
Anyone been able to make any type of phone contact in the past 6 hours?

This will be quick...don't want to use too much battery life from computer.

No power since 6:30, winds have REALLY, picked up progressively over the last three hours and the eye hasn't even come yet.

Still have phone lines = dial up. AMAZING that we have phones.

There is an oreo crisis though...eye hasn't even hit yet and John just cracked the last roll!

Trying to keep humor in our spirits and creative ways to keep our minds off what is going on outside...it keeps getting worse, but we are completey boarded up.

According to the call I just got from my mom, Neile Frank (Houston weatherman) says the eye will be passing right over us in about an hour...you mean this isn' it?????????

I found a way to get Emma (my poodle) to sleep...bring on a hurricane...haha! :) The two dogs are amazingly calm.

Wind is RELLY getting scary...I can hear stuff flying...batery low!

I'll be in touch when it's over!

Good luck with that.

And with respect to "Trying to keep humor in our spirits and creative ways to keep our minds off what is going on outside...it keeps getting worse, but we are completey boarded up"..., I suggest whiskey and sex in that order. :D (As long as the dogs are asleep anyway...)

Let us know how the storm goes. (We don't need to know about the rest!)

Hang in there,

Doc

We're keeping the whole island in our prayers. Keep ducking!

Doc, Love your sense of humor.
Christi, take Doc's advice... hang in there. Thanks for the updates.

Watch out for the babies named "Emily" in 9 months...

Thanks for the update, Christi! Just watched the weather reports with the eye within 10 miles of the southern tip, and you firmly in the eyewall. Am praying like mad here that all is safe.

But next time, MORE OREOS!

Christi,
I hated seeing the eye of the storm going right over Coz. I've been praying like crazy that you will all be safe. I can't tell you how happy I'll be when you post on here that you're OK.

I too was very upset to hear the horrible news about the storm. My heart goes out to all my friends in Coz! Please let us know how you guys are doing.
~Scott

Let us know when you are safe and it is over but please take no chances. Not worth it.

Take care and Big Hugs

Back
Top Bottom