Latest on Cozumel and Hurricane Emily

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does anyone know what other damage Cozumel sustained from the past storms and hurricanes, I feel bad for ggunn, I understand Coconuts was wiped out, I have pictures from there from my last trip over last New Years Eve, what a trip that was. My first dive trip to Coz, I totally fell in love with diving of course.

Not sure what you are talking about. What do you hope misses it??? The hurricane? That was months ago...We were there in August and I did not see alot of damage. We stayed on the North side of the Island but did dive over on the south end. Went to Punta Sur and did not see much damage at all. We saw some palm trees that had apparently been blown over from the storm but they were back up and held with ropes. Downtown had no noticable damage. Our dives were fantastic so much so we are going back Nov 18-24 flying directly into Cozumel via America Airlines. I hate going through Cancun and taking the ferry which we have done numerous times. Our trip in Aug was way to short we only got to dive 2 days but our Nov trip with be a full week so we will get in plenty of diving. We are taking our grandson who was recently certified, our daughter and her boyfriend are going also. It should be a fun trip. I know Austin is so excited. He has only been diving in the lakes here with about 3 ft visibility. So this will be a treat for him. Kathy in Texas

Back
Top Bottom