Latest on Cozumel and Hurricane Emily

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okay - Just got off the phone with Armando again.

The majority of the damage he has seen so far, is still uprooted trees laying on thier sides.

He saw one car ( a safari) flipped over

A lot ot street light poles are down.

Cosmetic damages to some homes -

In driving around and has NOT seen structures destroyed. He has seen some places where he BELIEVES a wood & tar paper shack may have been, but has not seen damage like that to actual structures.

All of the hotels are begining the clean up process around thier property and out on the beaches.

Our neighbor DID have a huge avocado tree in thier yard - it is not there anymore but he picked up 12 HUGE ripe avocados in our yard - looks like he will be eating guacamole for the next few days!!!!!!

He is turning off the cell phone to save the battery because no way to charge it - so my next report will probably be late afternoon or early evening.

That news is far better than I expected and SO wonderful! Trees can be replaced, gardens replanted, and fences rebuilt. I hope the news continues to be as good and thankful you and your family are safe!

Thanks for giving us the good news, Holly. I pasted your post into email and sent it around to family and friends who have been asking me for news. When are you going back?

Cheers,

Does anyone know EXACTLY where Emily hit the mainland ? We're trying to get through to Akumal and cell phone lines are down. I did hear from my rentor (finally), Melody (met through Scubaboard). They were evacuated to Bacalar, and are fine.

Diana

Christi:
There is an oreo crisis though...eye hasn't even hit yet and John just cracked the last roll!

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!

We've been thinking (worrying) about you!

-Chris

Just wondering if anyone out there knows the condition of Cozumel. They eye apparently hit it directly. Going down there in a month and just curious what to expect.

I just wanted to say I'll be watching here too, as the wife and I want to go down there after our OW cert. The local dive club has a trip planned in the next month or two.... :(

Whew....glad to hear that! Hope everyone stays safe during the clean up.

Back
Top Bottom