Latest on Cozumel and Hurricane Emily

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GREAT news Holly! Thanks for taking the time to keep us all updated. Not sure if it's any different in Miami, but in NY all that the news reports had (including what the spanish stations, CNN and Weather Channel) was the Cancun hotel zone. A couple times Playa del Carmen got a brief mention, and they did say late last night that the eyewall was going over Cozumel.

Have you heard anything from the mainland? I haven't seen anything yet online with a first-hand account south of PDC. I hope Aventuras, Akumal, Tankah, Tulum, etc have faired as well as Coz.

ggunn:
Thanks for giving us the good news, Holly. I pasted your post into email and sent it around to family and friends who have been asking me for news. When are you going back?

Cheers,

Hi Gordon!!!
Well, I am scheduled on a flight back on Wednesday.
Whether I am on it or not will depend on if the ferries are back running so I can actually make it from Cancun airport to Coz!!!!!
I want to go home!!!!!!!

Well the front of Senior Frogs on the waterfront did not fair to well - pretty wrecked from what Armando described. Also our friend (and realtor) Rita Scheese at Coldwell Banker who has that BEAUTIFUL new office on the water next to Rock'nJava Cafe - They HAD all glass front both downstairs and upstairs - the glass is totally destroyed (NOT Rock 'n Java folks - Coldwell Banker only - don't want anyone to get upset since Lisa's restaurant is a favorite hotspot!!) so finding more and more damage - but the most important commodity - the people - all still seem to be OK!!!!!!!!!!!
I know I said probably no report until later today - but Armando just had to share the news about Frogs.

scubawife:
GREAT news Holly! Thanks for taking the time to keep us all updated. Not sure if it's any different in Miami, but in NY all that the news reports had (including what the spanish stations, CNN and Weather Channel) was the Cancun hotel zone. A couple times Playa del Carmen got a brief mention, and they did say late last night that the eyewall was going over Cozumel.

Have you heard anything from the mainland? I haven't seen anything yet online with a first-hand account south of PDC. I hope Aventuras, Akumal, Tankah, Tulum, etc have faired as well as Coz.

Hey!
Yeah - all the reports are on Cancun - although the weather channel dude is trying to get to Coz - just no method to do so right now!
I have not heard from anyone on the mainland - I am trying to reach my friend in Aventuras - so I'll keep you posted.

LDS is down there right now and will be back tomorrow, hopefully, and I'll find out and let ya know. They've been there all weekend on a trip.

Did Carlos 'n' Charlie's sustain much damage, since it's in the same building with Senor Frogs?

I don't blame you ... I'd want to be home too!! Glad to hear that there isn't that much damage at your end!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom