Latest on Cozumel and Hurricane Emily

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Senior Frogs was damaged? I never even imagined anything positive would have come out of the hurricane. If it could just have taken out Carlos and Charlie's & the cruise ship piers... :wink:

I'm sure glad most places fared good. I hope everything went well for you Christi. Good luck to you all in the area.

chugmeister:
Grabbed this blurb off of a Mexican news site. I used the free translation option so it isn't great but here ya go.

In Cozumel, from the five of afternoon they let circulate automotive, and even, to the edge of the 5 patrols they did I complete route by the colonies to notice that there is not anybody outside during the hurricane.

Until now the only taken care of emergencies they have been two women with seven months of pregnancy, that by nervous crises had abortion threats, but nothing burdens.

What yes it is reported is that the price of the purified water the high one.

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US!

Thanks for the updates Holly, the media seem to just worried about Cancun so haven't heard much about Coz. on one of the outlets they mentioned at "Apparently Cozumel is a popular scubadiving destination", Buy a vowel!

Christi sorry about the Oreo depletion, that's just wrong! Hope your boats faired well.

And by the way...what's with all the hostility twards Senor Frogs and Carlos'n'Charlies? Sure they're tourist traps, but this some GREAT people watching.

Anyway, sounds like it wasn't as bad as it could have been, I've been through 2 myself, actually rode one out in a ship, so I feel for everyone down there, hope the clean up goes well and everyone came through it safe.

God speed to all!

Diana5531:
Does anyone know EXACTLY where Emily hit the mainland ? We're trying to get through to Akumal and cell phone lines are down. I did hear from my rentor (finally), Melody (met through Scubaboard). They were evacuated to Bacalar, and are fine.

Diana

It supposedly made landfall just North of Tulum.

ScubaTexan:
Did Carlos 'n' Charlie's sustain much damage, since it's in the same building with Senor Frogs?

Armando only said Frogs, he is trying to conserve the cell phone battery - so I don't know if he was giving the short version, or if it really was only Frogs. Will be talking to him tonight & let you all know!

pennypue:
Thanks Holly. That is wonderful news to hear. I had been worried all weekend about Cozumel.

Are they any reports of injuries on the island?

No reports of injuries yet - but will specifically ask Armando that this evening and post the results.

texmaxdiver:
Senior Frogs was damaged? I never even imagined anything positive would have come out of the hurricane. If it could just have taken out Carlos and Charlie's & the cruise ship piers... :wink:

ROFLMAO

3 Cheers For Holly, our intreped Scubaboard hurricane central reporter, providing up to the minute information from her sources "on location"! Thanks for your time to keep us all updated. We need to tell CNN and The Weather Channel to call you. You're doing better then they are today.

"just North of Tulum" doesn't sound good. But, since so far most damage seems to be cosmetic hopefully all is well south of PDC.

Get home safely.

Back
Top Bottom