Large Scuba Knife with Hand Guard (Knuckle be Nice!)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RoatanMan:

... I know far from everything about dive knives, but I do have about 150 of them on a wall in my home. Quite a shock :11: for the little woman when we first met and she came to visit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I also have a selection but in boxes...Some day E bay or the wall..( have and for trade??)

Suggest that if any one interested in a knife collecting they visit www.portagequarry.com, Legends of diving, "Leon Lyons museum of diving." Leon's collection numbers over 1200 diving knives. Many can be seen in the pictures.

There were two knives made with covered handles, the Vulcan and the Puma. The German made Puma was several years behind the Vulcan and never gained popularity in the US Diving world.

sdm

Impressive isn't it?

His new book on Dive helmets is in the works, should be out soon. Suggest reserveing a copy ASAP.

Since you are in Chicago where it is hot and windy are you going to the Portage Quarry Legends event?

Zale Parry will be featured...

sdm

DepthCharge:
If you're that afraid of the "toothy ones"..........STAY THE F$#% OUT OF THE WATER!!!!!!

You need to start diving open water and stop doing all those useless pool dives.. :dork2:

If you are so worried about being eaten just carry a small depth charge or a stun gun with you.

But in seriousness just carry a small red flag on a pole extending from your tank that way when I see you on the diveboat I can swim in the other direction.

You don't need a big freakin' knife, you need a new hobby cause you clearly dont see how much of a hazard you are with that gynormus rambo knife.

:jaws: :bigun2:

NorthWoodsDiver:
You don't need a big freakin' knife, you need a new hobby cause you clearly dont see how much of a hazard you are with that gynormus rambo knife.

:jaws: :bigun2:
Actually, the "Im gonna fight a fish thats 3 times my size when im underwater" attitude scare me a bit more than the knife itself..

What do you think you're going to be running into underwater that you'll need a powerhead? Or even the giant knife you were planning on getting? Have you heard of a recent surge in shark attacks on divers?

Dive knives are not intended to be weapons, they're meant as tools for cutting or prying. And I think paramedic shears are way better at cutting than a knife will be...

male53oct_1.jpg

9c72_1.jpg

challenge55jul_cozzarellifrank.jpg

DSCF0173.jpg

You guys are funny.

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom