Large Scuba Knife with Hand Guard (Knuckle be Nice!)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hutterw:
RoatanMan points out a very interesting buoyancy compensation problem with the Glock. So you’re tooling around popping caps in whale sharks, leatherback turtles, Ganges River dolphins (for the fresh water diving enthusiasts) or that annoying little SOB who forced the dive boat to have a late start your are continuously dropping weight. An lets face it, who can stop at only one or two clips?

So being new to the sport, can the more advanced divers answer how much weight should I add to so I am not positively buoyant at the 15-foot safety stop?

This brings me back to the combat tomahawk. With this nice little tool the weight remains constant as you slice your way through the endangered species list. There is no tricky under water clip exchanges that the less experienced diver has difficulty performing. Lets face the facts, PADI specialty course Underwater Combat Handgun Techniques leaves a lot to be desired.

In addition, the combat tomahawk allows you to add the coral species to the target list. Sure you can bounce 9 mm rounds off the coral head but the level on damage is increased several times over by the use of the combat tomahawk.

I am just say, pound for pound (2.2 kilo for 2.2kilo) the combat tomahawk is my dive knife of choice.
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

well done hutterw!

Bevor Lugger&Walter maked the first Automaic pistol,was the Röhm revolver series the

German police and military pistol that was from 1840-1905.Those had mostly no

winded pistolrun so they are might have mor precesition but for more then 5-8

meter do i think they are useless...

E.L.7*

Nemrod:
In a SeaHunt episode Mike Nelson tested pistols and revolvers underwater.

Glocks will fire underwater, the blast is directed away from your ears and is no louder than a Bang Stick. The effectiveness is more than enough to kill something. I would imagine useful range about three feet or less. Pulling a Glock and pressing it to a shark might result in a big mess for both diver and shark. Please do not do such things, do not shoot guns underwater, do not use them to kill sharks or shoot passing JetSkis as tempting as that might be.

Bang Sticks are still available best I can tell and if somebody really needed to work in the water with dangerous creatures then that would be my choice.

Take only memories and leave only bubbles.

N

DSCF0283.jpg

Tekna, ScubaPro, one and only mighty USD SeaHawk and the famous USD Vulcan.

I have had all of those for many years except for the Vulcan I just aquired. I have a bunch more but these are the ones I use. The SeaHawk has been with me forever and has been drawn in anger many times. Many bad guys have been dispatched, hoses cut, sharks sliced and JetSkis sunk to Davy Jones.

If your going ot carry a knife, carry a knife, these ain't no stink'n tools, they are weapons!

N

The Scubapro Stiletto is pretty slick. I had(/have?) one

Yeah, the Stiletto is my best hose cutter, for sharks though the SeaHawk rules the day but if I am just into skeering Yankee divers then nothing beats the Vulcan.

N

Nemrod:
Yeah, the Stiletto is my best hose cutter....

N
:rofl3:

That's exactly what I told my wife when I was tearing the house apart looking for it and she said I had plenty of knives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom