Large Scuba Knife with Hand Guard (Knuckle be Nice!)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Many say some people shouldnt SCUBA dive for various reasons and Im starting to agree.. UaVaj probably shouldnt be SCUBA diving as he obviously pose a threat to both himself and anyone around him, waving huge knifes around, not being comfortable in the water (which possibly leads to dangerous situations) and to top it off, intend to scratch a shark and piss it off..

Seriously, what do you do if you see a shark in an area that youre NOT ALLOWED TO CARRY A KNIFE? I mean, OMG! Youre going to die!!

UaVaj:
I want to buy a large leg knife (6" or larger blade) in case I need it against the toothy one.

I would love such knife to have a full knuckle for super secure grip. No point of having a big knife if the first time you need to seriously use it - it can easily slip out of your hand.

Since I can't simply buy one with knuckles. I could have knuckles welded on.

Anway - getting back to reality. What brand/model of large knife that has a super good grip with large hand guard? Back to la la land. What brand/model of large knife can I realistically weld some knuckles on?

Mr Tiger would make short work of your *little* knife.

Mr Whitey might even swallow you whole.

You are worrying way too much about the wrong stuff.

Worry instead about your air not being on when you jump into the water.

Or about catching the itchies from Florida Sea Lice in your wetsuit. :eyebrow:

Blox:
You'd be better off with a revolver, instead of a pistol.
At least if you want the chance of a second shot :)

It depends on the target.

For a grizzly bear, sure, a hunting revolver.

For an urban cowboy, a Glock, I guess.

For a shark you would need a spear, if it came down to that. Fortunately they rarely notice or pay attention to divers underwater.

Both the revolver and the glock is gonna hurt like hell in your ears if youre able to fire it underwater. The glock works quite well underwater, except from the obviously limited range and precision that is..

Tigerman:
Both the revolver and the glock is gonna hurt like hell in your ears if youre able to fire it underwater. The glock works quite well underwater, except from the obviously limited range and precision that is..

That's not possible unless you can plug the barrel somehow.

Otherwise it would only explode in your hands.

Then you would only attract more tigers and whiteys with your bleeding hands in the water.

Whats not possible?
Shooting a gun under water?
Shooting a gun under water with the barrel filled with water?
The important part is actually to make sure the barrel is COMPLETELY full with water and no, it wont explode in your hands.
However, FMJ bullets should be used..

nereas:
That's not possible unless you can plug the barrel somehow.

Otherwise it would only explode in your hands.

Then you would only attract more tigers and whiteys with your bleeding hands in the water.
Apparently, you're not familiar with the specific variety of Glock 17 with marine caps, which is one of the few semi-auto weapons that can be fired underwater with lethal effectiveness, and without blowing up. There are side effects to be aware of, and special training is recommended to learn the special procedures needed, lest Darwin take his toll, but they work... within certain limitations.

CompuDude:
Apparently, you're not familiar with the specific variety of Glock 17 with marine caps, which is one of the few semi-auto weapons that can be fired underwater with lethal effectiveness, and without blowing up. There are side effects to be aware of, and special training is recommended to learn the special procedures needed, lest Darwin take his toll, but they work... within certain limitations.
This is not recommended by glock.. but the marine caps can be fitted on most (all?) glock models altho the glock 17 is the only one specially designed for it. The marine caps are also as far as i know a reliability modification and NOT a necessity. With a little fumbling about all glocks should fire under water, with or without the marine caps.

DISCLAIMER: As mentioned previously in this thread, there ARE special procedures and precautions that need to be followed to safely fire a firearm under water. Trying to do so without the proper knowledge and training can be dangerous.

(I dont want to be held responsible for some noob shooting lead bullets with a submerged glock while not wearing earguards or something)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom