Large Scuba Knife with Hand Guard (Knuckle be Nice!)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UaVaj

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I want to buy a large leg knife (6" or larger blade) in case I need it against the toothy one.

I would love such knife to have a full knuckle for super secure grip. No point of having a big knife if the first time you need to seriously use it - it can easily slip out of your hand.

Since I can't simply buy one with knuckles. I could have knuckles welded on.

Anway - getting back to reality. What brand/model of large knife that has a super good grip with large hand guard? Back to la la land. What brand/model of large knife can I realistically weld some knuckles on?

Ah yes... the true diving accessory, more important than a BC in my opinion. Of course you could get a girly 'DIR' steak knife, but a real man needs a knife that removes 2# off your weight belt.

Check e-Bay for an old Seahawk... while it doesn't have a hand guard, it would be the dive knife of choice for a spartan from the movie 300.

USD & Voit both made the Vulcan, which did have a hand guard, but it was made in Japan when Japan wasn't known for it's high quality. The Vulcan was the knife of choice for the mighty Mike Nelson.

If you can find a shop with an Oceanic Tiburon, that might fit your needs.

Sounds like you are looking for a WWI trench knife. Brass handle with full knuckle guard. It would probably take extra maintenance, but no one else would have one like it.
http://www.imsplus.com/ims8d.html

Jimmer:
If you can find a shop with an Oceanic Tiburon, that might fit your needs.

That is exactly what I need. If I have to pull a knife undewater. I want to make sure it stays firm in my hand.

DivingsInMyBlood:
Sounds like you want to gear up for a underwater street fight, just remember never bring a knife to a gun fight :wink:

Since I can't find such knife. Forget the knife. I just stick w/ a small BC knife for utility reasons.

For the toothy ones - I will get me a powerhead instead.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom