Large Scuba Knife with Hand Guard (Knuckle be Nice!)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you want a nice sized knife that can double as an underwater machete look into the trailmaster from cold steel - even comes in a stainless version :wink: http://www.coldsteel.com/fixed-blades-trail-master-series.html

course I'll stick with my broken betty crocker special for diving :wink:

UaVaj:
That is exactly what I need. If I have to pull a knife undewater.

LOL.....pull a knife.......the ocean isn't the Bronx.

If you get bitten by a toothy one it will be a quick inquisitive nibble OR a full on assault by a big nasty man eater....EITHERWAY, you are not fighting it off with a knife.

USD Vulcan, made famous in the program SeaHunt starring Lyod Bridges. I just scored a fine one from a friend for 75 dollars. Hand guard, nice sharp blade, massive saw edge and able to slice through hoses with a single swipe.

You might also look for the king of dive knives, the USD SeaHawk.

Imagine, some people use scissors and a little cut down butter knife! Yeah, right. If your going to pull a knife, pull a knife, not a pair of scissors. Big knife good, little knife not so good.

N

UaVaj:
Since I can't find such knife. Forget the knife. I just stick w/ a small BC knife for utility reasons.

For the toothy ones - I will get me a powerhead instead.

If you're that afraid of the "toothy ones"..........STAY THE F$#% OUT OF THE WATER!!!!!!

DivingsInMyBlood:
Sounds like you want to gear up for a underwater street fight, just remember never bring a knife to a gun fight :wink:

Can we talk about the underwater Glock, now? :rofl3:

BTW- there are many knives that are "used by the Navy Seals". Their equipment is very much so mission specific. There simply is no such thing as "the" USN Seals Dive Knife. I know far from everything about dive knives, but I do have about 150 of them on a wall in my home. Quite a shock :11: for the little woman when we first met and she came to visit.

One could also say don't show up at a knife fight with scissors!

There are essentially two sorts of divers these days:

1) The techical sort, no, not the tech diver exclusively but the sort that is into gear and technology and all the gizmos and dives so he/she can justify buying more stuff to dive more with and are heavily peer influenced. These guys have scissors, small blunt tippped "tools" and usually multiple versions of each strategically placed about their person.

2) The pretty fishy sort, a quasi sugary PC mentality that mind melds with the environment. These types carry no knife at all even with a blunt tip, to dangerous.

Once upon a time back in the Scubazoic Era there was a thrid type, the Adventuer, a romantic sort. Behind every ledge was a bad guy, under every rock a giant octapus, in the depths were unknown monsters and every dive was a wonderland of danger both real and imagined, a colorful and fanciful place to lose oneself in for a lifetime. This type is known to carry a big knife, though essentilly extinct a few specimens persist.

N

ALaderer:
Sounds like you are looking for a WWI trench knife. Brass handle with full knuckle guard. It would probably take extra maintenance, but no one else would have one like it.
http://www.imsplus.com/ims8d.html

Who dreams up these advertising phrases?

"At this INCREDIBLE price you can't afford to be without one of these knives."
from the linked site..

Back
Top Bottom