Lake Pleasant conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shark.byte.usa:
If your staying close to the UPee Stadium

I thought it was the flying saucer.. the U of Pho Stadium. Must be an eastside/westside thing.

brutus_scuba:
I'm a buckeye and will be in PHX January 6-9 for the national championship game in Glendale? I was thinking of maybe trying to do a dive at Lake Pleasent on January 7? Will the lake be diveable at that time? Anybody interested? Im probable but need to check with my travel party to make sure I can get transportation to the lake that morning.

Unfortunately, that's a work weekend for me. Hang tight, someone should be able to dive with you.

Sorry for the delayed update, but I've been diving. Anyway, did a couple of dives in Lake Pleasant last Saturday, 12/2, 62 degrees, visibility 15-20', air temp in the 70s.

After the dive we headed over to Scorpion Bay to check out the water level. Guess what?

The pool is now open!!!!

The lake level is back to where it was at the end of August. You can jump in and easily climb out. Hope to see you guys out there the weekend of the 16th!

Thanks Rob.... Great to know... I am going to try and get up there again the week of Christmas....

hmm, I dont remember Garrett in the water .. I remember him like this.

garrett-kayak.jpg

shark.byte.usa:
BBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! :11:

Site: Inbetween Scorpion Bay and Dirty Shirt
Viz: 10'
Bottom Temp: 58F
Max Depth: 65'

My toes are still cold; guess it's about time to start thinking about investing in a dry suit :wink: (Maybe by next winter!)

-Garrett

That water temp has dropped fast! It was 62 last weekend!

Site: Scorpion Bay
Viz: 5' and clearing
Bottom Temp: 57F
Max Depth: 40'

Used my 3mm shorty under my 7mm today and was warmer than yesterday but was still done (aka frozen) after 45 minutes & 1/2 tank just like yesterday. Didn't see much life at all this weekend, probably why I was so focused on the cold temps. Viz really sucked when we dropped today, I thought it was going to be a really crappy dive however it cleared as the dive progressed and eventually was close to 10' at our entry point when exiting; shallows were better as usual. I jumped in from a rock (I love that :D), there are 2 manageable exit points, Kaz is right though, I'd imagine doubles wouldn't be much fun while getting out. There's ALOT of fishing line down there too, so make sure to bring your cutting tools :wink:

I'll be back next weekend sometime, hopefully I'll warm up by then :coffee:

-Garrett

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom