Lake Pleasant conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very cool photo's. I'm looking forward to a few dives this winter. Any updates on the marina?

And I think it's time to go find the Lake Pleasant Knome that is in Two Cow and move him to Scorpian.

Craig

AZ_Zoner:
And I think it's time to go find the Lake Pleasant Knome that is in Two Cow and move him to Scorpian.

Craig
I thought you only put him in 20-25', I think he's been listening to mariachi music on somebody's front porch for the last couple months :rofl3:

Marina update: They haven't started it yet :wink:

-Garrett

Here's a photo with some additions to show you where the water line is and the only possible exit point.

scorpion%20bay.jpg

Getting in right now is very easy, just step off the cliff. You may be able to climb out, but it would be difficult to do with gear on. Definitely not doable with fins on. The ledge isn't wide enough to throw yourself on. It's about 18 inches wide, you'd smack your head into the rock. It is wide enough to walk on.

Based on what I saw yesterday, I recommend you just go to Desert Tortoise. I would be very surprised if the water rose enough to make exiting Scorpion possible. If you do go to Scorpion Bay right now, you'll wonder about my statement of being able to get in. You have to hike down a bit to get to the entry point.

Craig, I've been at Two Cow a couple of times. I think Garrett is right about your gnome's new home! Post the headings again. I'll check it out the next time I'm there.

Anyone interested in seeing if DiverDown II is available for charter this Saturday? Would like to dive the dam while the water is still low. I have two most likely 4 that are interested.

I've called and e-mailed the boat but no reply yet.

krcollins:
Anyone interested in seeing if DiverDown II is available for charter this Saturday? Would like to dive the dam while the water is still low. I have two most likely 4 that are interested.

Cool local dive!!!! Highly recommend. I'm in SoCal this weekend, so I'm out or I would definitely be up for it.

-Garrett

krcollins:

Keep trying to call. It can take Doug a few days to call back. He does require 6 divers to take the boat out. I'm working this weekend, so it's a no go for me. :frown:

I'm definitely interested. Although, don't count me in as a part of the six. With the holiday, it would be a last minute decision (Friday night type of thing). Let us know if you get it.

jcf

scubajcf:
I'm definitely interested. Although, don't count me in as a part of the six. With the holiday, it would be a last minute decision (Friday night type of thing). Let us know if you get it.

jcf

If they call back and I get six I will keep you posted.

- Kevin

Hi, Folks!

My brother has never done a lake dive & was thinkin' about wet middle of Dec or so.

- Anyone know what the temps have been in December for Pleasant?
- Thermocline?
- Is viz any better in Dec compared with July/August?
- Recommended underwater sight-seeing?

Much obliged if any suggestions proffered.

brucekrymow:
Hi, Folks!

My brother has never done a lake dive & was thinkin' about wet middle of Dec or so.

- Anyone know what the temps have been in December for Pleasant?
- Thermocline?
- Is viz any better in Dec compared with July/August?
- Recommended underwarter sight-seeing?

Much obliged if any suggestions proffered.

Bruce,

- Mid 50's to low 60's
- Thermoclines can vary, more often than not you'll experience one in 30-40'
- depends? From my understanding it is, but it's been pretty good all summer, so...
- My favorite spot is Scorpion Bay, The "Old" Dam is cool but too deep in winter for Rec divers like me.

-Garrett

Back
Top Bottom