Lake Pleasant conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brucekrymow:
Hi, Folks!

My brother has never done a lake dive & was thinkin' about wet middle of Dec or so.

- Anyone know what the temps have been in December for Pleasant?
- Thermocline?
- Is viz any better in Dec compared with July/August?
- Recommended underwater sight-seeing?

Much obliged if any suggestions proffered.

Bruce, temp this past weekend was 65 degrees. Last year I got 61 degrees at the end of November. I'll be at Lake Pleasant on Dec 2nd and post a report here. Haven't felt a thermocline lately, but it is usually around 30'. Visibility this year has been pretty stable. We had at least 15' this past weekend, but we also had some days like that in the summer. The water level will hopefully be high enough to dive Scorpion Bay mid December. That's the best site at the lake so far...at least last year. Hopefully it remains that way. We will be at Lake Pleasant with an Open Water class and an Advanced Open Water class 12/16-17. Come out and we'll give you a quick site briefing. You can even jump in and tag along with the AOW group.

Thanks for the info & the hospitality, 'holic! That just happens to be the weekend my bro will be in town, so I will give you a heads up should we plan to appear.

Went to the lake yesterday....not sure if we found scorpion bay or not, but the area we went to was not ready to dive yet....so went to Desert T....and dove the cove... Not bad vis...15'....temp was 64 deg...got down to 58 ' didn't hit a thermocline that we could tell but vis got bad about 52' down to about 4' so didn't venture to much deeper.... did three dives and saw some fairly large catfish, and a few bass, and some large carp!!! Nice day to dive.....

You probably found it. I checked G&F and as of Wednesday the level hadn't changed from last weekend. :frown: You guys need to stop using so much water in the Valley! :wink:

Water Elevation: 1673´ (above sea level)
Water Temperature: 62°F

Up from 1655 in September

jcf

I'm a buckeye and will be in PHX January 6-9 for the national championship game in Glendale? I was thinking of maybe trying to do a dive at Lake Pleasent on January 7? Will the lake be diveable at that time? Anybody interested? Im probable but need to check with my travel party to make sure I can get transportation to the lake that morning.

brutus_scuba:
I'm a buckeye and will be in PHX January 6-9 for the national championship game in Glendale? I was thinking of maybe trying to do a dive at Lake Pleasent on January 7? Will the lake be diveable at that time? Anybody interested? Im probable but need to check with my travel party to make sure I can get transportation to the lake that morning.
Sorry I won't be around that weekend, in SoCal diving, but the lake is diveable and will be then too. If your staying close to the UPee Stadium, your close to the lake. Check out http://bbs.scubaspecialties.com for an additional lake buddy resource if you come up short here.

-Garrett

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom