Koh Lipe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll be departing to koh lipe next week, weather forecast is horrible.. Probably will settle for snorkeling instead.

Want to seek recommendations for great seafood. Any suggestions?

I'll be departing to koh lipe next week, weather forecast is horrible.. Probably will settle for snorkeling instead.

You'll be lucky to survive the speed boat ride 😜

You'll be lucky to survive the speed boat ride 😜

i know.. and i will be going in on the worst possible day.. based on weather forecast.. with the highest rainfall and through out my stay, and it will drop significantly after i leave the island.. i dont understand my in-law's reasoning.. and out of respect for my wife i cant really voice it out..

i know.. and i will be going in on the worst possible day.. based on weather forecast.. with the highest rainfall and through out my stay, and it will drop significantly after i leave the island.. i dont understand my in-law's reasoning.. and out of respect for my wife i cant really voice it out..

Are you saying that your family isn't locked into this specific week but in-laws won't change it even though it is possible to do so?

That's a shame. 😢

Are you saying that your family isn't locked into this specific week but in-laws won't change it even though it is possible to do so?

That's a shame. 😢
its a long story.. to summarize, they chose this date because of my wife's occupation. she's a public school teachers, and public school teachers arent allowed to take leave from work, except during school holidays.. leaves are reserved strictly for emergencies. becasue of this, she missed out on many family trips with her family, because they had always opted to go during normal working days, as its cheaper.

so this year, they tried to make it work for her, and chose a school holiday. we did not take into consideration of monsoon at the time, totally forgot about it.. when we noticed it was monsoon season, we already booked rooms for 20pax, with train tickets for those going from Malaysia, flight tickets for those coming from Singapore and Bangkok.. very costly to change a vacation spot.

so thats the story..

its a long story.. to summarize, they chose this date because of my wife's occupation. she's a public school teachers, and public school teachers arent allowed to take leave from work, except during school holidays.. leaves are reserved strictly for emergencies. becasue of this, she missed out on many family trips with her family, because they had always opted to go during normal working days, as its cheaper.

so this year, they tried to make it work for her, and chose a school holiday. we did not take into consideration of monsoon at the time, totally forgot about it.. when we noticed it was monsoon season, we already booked rooms for 20pax, with train tickets for those going from Malaysia, flight tickets for those coming from Singapore and Bangkok.. very costly to change a vacation spot.

so thats the story..

Thank you for sharing. My wish for you and your family is that the weather report isn't that reliable. 🙏

The protocol is if anyone is flung out of the boat, the trailing boat fishes them out; just don't ride in the last boat!

Big ferry from Langkawi to Koh Lipe is different from those used in Thailand.
Ten of thousands of tourists are using the connection between Pra Bara Pier and Koh Lipe without a hitch every year.

If you are a diver then you should stay away from seafood!!

There are several operators on the route and they all competing with each other.
Plenty of BS in SB.

Unfortunately, there is NO ferry from Langkawi to Koh Lipe until mid Oct.

There are several operators on the route and they all competing with each other.
Plenty of BS in SB.

Unfortunately, there is NO ferry from Langkawi to Koh Lipe until mid Oct.

Are you arguing with yourself?

Back
Top Bottom