Koh Lipe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Centrals

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Speed boat to Koh Lipe from Koh Lanta is B1,750.00.
I had bought a direct ticket (10:30) for tomorrow but......I doubt it.
The operator is Bundhaya!
Went to the pier and checked the boarding procedure. Bundhaya were running two fully loaded speed boats of well over 100 passengers. There was a Marine official checking the number of passengers on each boat.

Indeed it was a non stop sailing and the sea was flat, took just over 2.5hrs to arrive.
Great info provided by couple of members in SB on dive operator. Thank you very much.
B10,000(equipment discount included) for 10 dives over 4 days. I will make two dives per day over next 4 days and the unused dive can be claimed within 12 months. However, I believe my next visit to this part of the Kingdom is Feb 2025(after Lunar New Year).

I am not a cheap Charlie, I had paid for the dive but not necessary I have to complete all the dives. LOL.
08:30 to meet at the shop.
Member of the staff has informed me that jelly fish and thermocline are also affecting this area.

KLDS meets at 0830 tomorrow morning.
No big deal because it was 0740 at Koh Lanta.

Koh Pung and Koh Sarang

Strong current on both decent. Water temp was around 24C and I was NOT uncomfortable toward the end of each dive.
No small jelly fish, vis was acceptable.
Nothing really exciting/interesting except several nudi and couple of ghost pipe fish.
Returned to Koh Lipe around 16:00 and four divers stayed behind for the 3rd dive. Lunch was included.
Rice congee + Thai deep fried donut for breakfast. A change from sticky rice + chicken(Halal) in Koh Lanta.

Koh Yang East and West.
Warmer water, better vis and no much current.
Very relaxing dives.
Yellow Spotted Flatworm and many nudi eg. Hypselodoris Pulchella(always one follow another one very closely) and Pteraeolidia semperi(very common).

I was diving with an diabetes. Ans before the dive he showed me a hand singal: an L sign by using his thumb and index finger only. This is a sign for low in glucose and he will need assistance to ascent.
Learnt something new.
He has to monitor his sugar level just before the dive and needs two hrs surface interval between dives. So he set out the 2nd dive but would do the 3rd dive.
I had dived with people of minor disabilities but first time with diabetes

You're really making me want to go back again.
LOL.
You have been there several times and are far knowledgeable about the island and the diving sence than I.
Quite a journey from bonnie Scotland to this part of the world.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom