Koh Lipe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hello everyone.. my extended family, namely the in-laws is planning a trip to Koh Lipe in September 2024, will be staying a resort on Pattaya beach. i know i will not forgive myself if i go all the way there and not go for a dive.

But i do understand it will be in the monsoon season. how will it be there at the time? i probably wont be pre-booking fun dives as weather will be unpredictable.

Anyone dived there before around the time?

Also, what is the average dive depth for the dive sites there? my old camera rig is not working, and i do have some phone dive case that is good up to 15m, or thats what the seller stated on the spec sheet..

Any comments, advises? i noticed the nearest dive shop to my resort is Lipe Dive Station, any dive with them before?
I’ve recently been informed DJL, like other operators, is shut down until October. Because the marine park is closed, not because the weather stops diving.

I’ve recently been informed DJL, like other operators, is shut down until October. Because the marine park is closed, not because the weather stops diving.
OH NOOOOOOO.........

thanks for the info.. will contact the dive centres before i pack my dive gear.. you potentially saved me on a bunch of gears.. i can feel my in-laws laughing at me, lugging my fins on train from KL in Malaysia, all the way to thai border, hand carry it to Hatyai for first leg of the vacation, then to Koh Lipe on second leg, only to find the dive centres closed..

and i wont be able to use it if i go snorkeling. my 3 year old daughter will be following me around if i go snorkeling..

Move the trip to mid Oct or go somewhere else.
I normally would not go to any diving destination in the beginning of the season. Weather is extremely unpredictable nowadays.
Travelling from KL to Koh Lipe is easy.
Adang Sea Diver is probably open in Sept.

Move the trip to mid Oct or go somewhere else.
I normally would not go to any diving destination in the beginning of the season. Weather is extremely unpredictable nowadays.
Travelling from KL to Koh Lipe is easy.
Adang Sea Diver is probably open in Sept.
cant move the trip.. tickets bought, hotels booked and paid.. and my wife's a school teacher, and its one of the rare time where we can actually go somewhere with her family. the amount paid is quite high, total 20 person in total.

seeing the potential bad weather, im gonna get a 2.5mm wetsuit for my daughter to replace her usual swimsuit.. to keep her warm because pool water will probably be cold after the heavy monsoon rain.

Hope the sea is calm for the crossing.
Koh Lipe does attract large number of Malaysian tourists.

Have a great time.

Back
Top Bottom