Keys w/SoCal divers Saturday 8/7

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok, guys, I officially deserve the dunce hat of the group....I FINALLY just fingured out the dates for the are the weekend BEFORE my friend is in town.....(sometimes I wonder about myself). So, I'll call and reserve spots for Saturday....(done, add my name to the not-maybe list).

Paul/wstein--I'll room with ya Friday night, so long as you promise to be a gentleman (snort)... :) I can either meet up with ya in the Keys, if we can find a room, or we can just stay somewhere cheap in Ft. Lauderdale to make the drive to Key Largo short. Or, option 3, you're welcome to stay up here, but you'd be in charge of driving the 3 hours to Key Largo (we'd have to be up at say...5ish...and you don't want me driving at that hour).
Saturday night I'd want to just come back home, and head back to Ft. Laud for the Sunday AM beach dives...what do you think???

KBeck:
Ok, guys, I officially deserve the dunce hat of the group....I FINALLY just fingured out the dates for the are the weekend BEFORE my friend is in town.....(sometimes I wonder about myself). So, I'll call and reserve spots for Saturday....(done, add my name to the not-maybe list).

Paul/wstein--I'll room with ya Friday night, so long as you promise to be a gentleman (snort)... :) I can either meet up with ya in the Keys, if we can find a room, or we can just stay somewhere cheap in Ft. Lauderdale to make the drive to Key Largo short. Or, option 3, you're welcome to stay up here, but you'd be in charge of driving the 3 hours to Key Largo (we'd have to be up at say...5ish...and you don't want me driving at that hour).
Saturday night I'd want to just come back home, and head back to Ft. Laud for the Sunday AM beach dives...what do you think???

Krista/KBeck,

Sounds good. I promise to not to bite. :crafty: Option 1 is the most preferable to me. Option 2 would make it easier to join everyone on a night dive in Ft Lauderdale that has been batted around. And option 3, where is here? And do you scare easy in cars? (I have made it from Tampa to Charlotte in under 8 hours just to give you a hint of how I drive)

Paul

wstein:
Krista/KBeck,

Sounds good. I promise to not to bite. :crafty: Option 1 is the most preferable to me. Option 2 would make it easier to join everyone on a night dive in Ft Lauderdale that has been batted around. And option 3, where is here? And do you scare easy in cars? (I have made it from Tampa to Charlotte in under 8 hours just to give you a hint of how I drive)

Paul

OK...duh! I just looked at your info....you live in WPB. Any of the 3 options is good to me.

Paul

wstein:
Krista/KBeck,

Paul
(sorry Krista if I am speaking for ya), But Paul, you ain't gonna scare her! I rode from her place to Ginnie Springs and back and Hermit Crab learned some new words!

Scuba_Jenny:
(sorry Krista if I am speaking for ya), But Paul, you ain't gonna scare her! I rode from her place to Ginnie Springs and back and Hermit Crab learned some new words!

Well, I have had some people refuse to ride with me after one trip. Was just throwing that out. The bad thing is I don't have a little sporty car, but a clunky suv. :eyebrow:

Paul

KBeck:
Final dunce question: I looked back over the thread (yes, all 7 pages) but it doesn't seem it was ever specifically said...what wreck dives are we doing in the AM...?
I believe that it would be preferable to do the Spiegel Grove first, the Duane after lunch (marginally shallower), but i dont think it would matter either way, they are both fairly deep! Reefs dives on the way back in each time.

So now we have 14 confirmed and 2 possibles still. Anyone else jumping on board? 14 is too many for one boat from what i recall being said earlier, would there be any kind of dividing line of splitting up the party between 2 boats? Is there anyone who particularly wants to bug hunt on the reefs - maybe one boat of hunters and one non?

I think Paul and Krista will be the most shattered people at the end of the day, with 9 hours or so on the boat and 6 hours in the car - no matter what speed you drive :wink:

simbrooks:
I think Paul and Krista will be the most shattered people at the end of the day, with 9 hours or so on the boat and 6 hours in the car - no matter what speed you drive :wink:

We are getting a hotel room there in Key Largo Friday night. So won't be that bad.

Paul

simbrooks:

You'll be doing more driving than us, buddy. And six hours my foot, Paul and I will whittle that right down... :)

I will try to remember to go ahead and get a lobster license if anyone plans to hunt--increase the limit for everyone (I don't personally eat them...).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom