Keys w/SoCal divers Saturday 8/7

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mo2vation:
Do we have a boat planned on Friday for WPB? I haven't booked anything up there yet. I'ld like to get that wrapped up before I go.

K
Ken,

nothing but a pipe dream at the moment. I feel the need for another thread, maybe i will start one sometime soon. We have about 3 weeks to sort this out. We have a few options out of WPB or Boynton, both about 30-40 mins from Ft Lauderdale area. Rampage, Parrot Island, Loggerhead and Splashdown to name but a few - the latter two i have dove with, the former two i have heard good things about. I havent checked if any of those have posted schedules that far ahead, but i am sure we could get spaces for whatever dives they are doing that morning. One of the guys here works at Splashdown, however he wouldnt be able to dive with us if he was DM'ing the show. They are all good guys from what i have heard or seen. Guests choice on this one, good with anything, i just like getting wet - and i pretty much have bought 4 boat dives saturday, got the other 2 on friday half off, cant beat that. :wink:

Do we want to dive anything in particular? Reefs i think we will see a few of, there are some interesting wrecks and it seems the options with those trips is a wreck to start with and a reef on the way back in, or we could try for the Tennaco Towers (probably reef on the way back in) - cant recall the best place to boat to those from though. It also depends on other people being willing to come, but it would definately be good to start the weekend off right :wink:

But remember, we would have to check whether these boats will be caught up in the whole lobster mini-season or actually going diving.

Boat Dives
Tennaco Towers is too far south for boats in Boynton, Deerfield or WPB. I would suggest Diversity with Captain Tony outa Deerfield and do the Sea Emporer and a reef. 561-368-9952. Sea Emperor is where the Aqua Zoo is. Friendly stingrays and a few golilath groupers along with a big ole moray eel.
I have heard good things about Parrot Island and Splashdown treated us very good last weekend.

simbrooks:
Ken,

nothing but a pipe dream at the moment. I feel the need for another thread, maybe i will start one sometime soon. We have about 3 weeks to sort this out. We have a few options out of WPB or Boynton, both about 30-40 mins from Ft Lauderdale area. Rampage, Parrot Island, Loggerhead and Splashdown to name but a few - the latter two i have dove with, the former two i have heard good things about. I havent checked if any of those have posted schedules that far ahead, but i am sure we could get spaces for whatever dives they are doing that morning. One of the guys here works at Splashdown, however he wouldnt be able to dive with us if he was DM'ing the show. They are all good guys from what i have heard or seen. Guests choice on this one, good with anything, i just like getting wet - and i pretty much have bought 4 boat dives saturday, got the other 2 on friday half off, cant beat that. :wink:

Do we want to dive anything in particular? Reefs i think we will see a few of, there are some interesting wrecks and it seems the options with those trips is a wreck to start with and a reef on the way back in, or we could try for the Tennaco Towers (probably reef on the way back in) - cant recall the best place to boat to those from though. It also depends on other people being willing to come, but it would definately be good to start the weekend off right :wink:

But remember, we would have to check whether these boats will be caught up in the whole lobster mini-season or actually going diving.

I will have a blistering 6 - 8 warm water dives by the time I get there on that Friday - I'll be a warmwater god, my friend. Nothing is new to me... :rolleyes:

I'll be shooting with a dual strobe and maybe (fingers and toes crossed) a new Inon WA and Dome port. So long as its differenr from the Keys stuff and PartyJenny's Sunday beach bash, I'm OK wif it.

K

What time and where for the Sun. dives? Are talking Hibiscus?
Oh and a slight correction it's Tony not Toni.

Scuba_Jenny:
Boat Dives
Tennaco Towers is too far south for boats in Boynton, Deerfield or WPB. I would suggest Diversity with Captain Tony outa Deerfield and do the Sea Emporer and a reef. 561-368-9952. Sea Emperor is where the Aqua Zoo is. Friendly stingrays and a few golilath groupers along with a big ole moray eel.
I have heard good things about Parrot Island and Splashdown treated us very good last weekend.
Ken, do you want to hit this operation and try to tie in the Towers? Will start a new thread real soon, will phone them later today to sign up/check space/trip chance.

Chuck, changed to Tony, sorry it was the 'i's in the rest of the name that probably put me off :wink:

simbrooks:
Ken, do you want to hit this operation and try to tie in the Towers? Will start a new thread real soon, will phone them later today to sign up/check space/trip chance.

Ken, I can vouch for Captain Tony's operation... and if you don't get to the Towers, Jenny's suggestion of the Sea Emperor is a great one, it is a cool wreck with the rays and the moray and goliath grouper!

8/6 AM boat dives thread and i will stop the hijack of this one :wink:

I suggest we do the same for the 8/8 shore dives too, but that one i know nothing about, i will leave that for the locals to sort out.

My wife , and I will be snuggled in at Neptunes for saturday
after the dive. If there is any interest I wouldnt mind setting up the pit after the last dive. The rooms have kitchens and the facilities are great.

Any interest?

:06:

if yu want to do the towers, you really need a Ft. Lauderdale op or a North Miami op. Tony at Diversity is neither. The towers are about 105fsw.

Scuba_Jenny:
if yu want to do the towers, you really need a Ft. Lauderdale op or a North Miami op. Tony at Diversity is neither. The towers are about 105fsw.
Slowly but surely learning about diving off these areas, see the other thread if you want to hop on :wink:

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom