Keys w/SoCal divers Saturday 8/7

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba_Jenny:
Oh Cool! Scubaguy can join us? Great! But who will watch the kids? :06: (just kidding Rick...really.... :wink: )

That depends on whether I get cleared to dive by then. I'm having my second post-surgery appointment with the surgeon today and I expect to lose the splint. However, from losing the splint to getting cleared to dive is still a ways out. More details soon! Hey, I'm getting good a this one hand typing bit :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

Rick, hope all goes well and you can make the trip! Even if you cant dive, i am sure most would be happy to see you along bubblewatching and joining in the festivities - sorry its been a while since you got wet though - just live vicariously through Scbababe's diving :wink:

I think that Jenny's count is pretty much on the mark, and with 11 divers (12 possibly) we should fill out one boat, however if we can spark up interest, maybe we can start up a second boat - who can we canvas for these places though?

Just talked to Tony,whom some you met this weekend at Splashdown, and wants to join us Sat. and do the beach dive on Sun. I hope he can get on both first boats.
Is the boat totally filled? I hope not.

Update: Tony got in.
Chuck

I'm checking my work schedule now. I would love to join in, but I don't dive nitrox. Would this be a problem?
back 40

back40:
I'm checking my work schedule now. I would love to join in, but I don't dive nitrox. Would this be a problem?
back 40
If you did two of the boat dives you would probably be ok, although short bottom time, but all 4 and you would be pushing the limits pretty hard.

Did we ever get the instructor (ReefTrekker - see post #50) on board for those who havent got nitrox certs (Jenny i know of and others too) - any chance that is still going ahead, book work at home, simple get together, nitrox dives on the boat etc?

SmokeAire:
Just talked to Tony,whom some you met this weekend at Splashdown, and wants to join us Sat. and do the beach dive on Sun. I hope he can get on both first boats.
Is the boat totally filled? I hope not.

Update: Tony got in.
Chuck

I'm new to this forum and am interested in getting started diving with the group. Can I still get in on this trip? I would be coming from Orlando. Anyone want to ride together? I could only leave after about 6 pm on Friday. Where are people staying?

Susan

scubasusan:
I'm new to this forum and am interested in getting started diving with the group. Can I still get in on this trip? I would be coming from Orlando. Anyone want to ride together? I could only leave after about 6 pm on Friday. Where are people staying?

Susan
Although going your way, i will be doing it a day early and have my accom courtesy of Jenny's couch - i am cheap ok :wink: Ask Madeline what their plans are, they will be passing through Orlando from the Villages and have a condo for the weekend (not sure if there is extra room). No-one else up this way that i know for sure is coming down, but that could change and you certainly arent late to book a place, i think we can fit 12 or so on the boat. Maybe you can encourage Becky (OrlandoRogue) to come and room with you who knows? I know she would enjoy the trip if she has the time free. The plans are still friday am WPB boat dive, pm SE FL beach dives, saturday big keys day and sunday SE FL beach dives again - i like the cheaper beach dives and havent done those down there yet either. To book your place call the number back on the first page and mention ScubaBoard to get the discount and on the boat (assuming room still). Hope that helps.

simbrooks:
Although going your way, i will be doing it a day early and have my accom courtesy of Jenny's couch - i am cheap ok :wink: Ask Madeline what their plans are, they will be passing through Orlando from the Villages and have a condo for the weekend (not sure if there is extra room). QUOTE]

We would've been happy to have you ride with us but because Fri. is the first day of Bug season we are planning to leave in the morning to beat whatever traffic shows up in the after work hours.
Madeline's husband might be coming down to just hang out but if he doesn't there would be room in the cottage for you, if you don't mind sharing it with Madeline and two harmless males. Give Madeline a pm.
Hope things work out and you can join the dive.

Chuck

I would'nt mind getting Nitrox Certified but my schedule is super tight right now. I am in South Carolina until July 22 and when I get back I leave directly for Key West for 9 or so days. Do you think I can fit it in. If so I would really like to get it in so I can hang with all the big dogs on the trip.
back40

Scuba_Jenny:
Well, let's see...Mike can't make it :frown: But Angie is. :dazzler1: . So, that means Mike is no longer our trip planner, does that mean I need to sorta, kinda, keep ya'll in line instead of M? Hmm. Tough crowd here!
The line up...
Scuba_jenny
Scbababe
Madaline
FLL Diver
SmokeAire (staring at a really fine hat)
Simbrooks
Mo2vation and Jaye
H2Andy
JoeAmit
BigSage

Gee, I thought there were more...anybody signed up that's not on the list?
So far the itenerairy (sp)
Friday- Dive, Eat
Saturday- Drive, Dive, Eat, Dive, Drive. (try saying that 5 times real fast)
Sunday - Dive, Eat, Dive. Party at MIkes...Um Mike, can I borrow the keys? :eyebrow: Otherwise, I heard this rumor that Marvel throws grand parties. Marvel, you are diving with us right? My redheaded stepchild friend...
but if the RHSC, is a no show, we can always BBQ at my house or something....yikes, did I say that??

Hmmmm, I might be interested in going. Got to check the money situation however.

Paul

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom