Key Largo Favorite Restaurants

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And you didn't tell me??? :p If you'd called me, I coulda shown you how to cook them! Hint, it involves a big ice chest.
Not heretical, beats basic sausage any day of the week! Oh man, now I'm hungry and I have to go teach. :confused:

I'm always open for suggestions... I just you tubed it and went from there... each batch gets better. This last one was better the next day which I can't figure out? I used basic whatever sausage was a the store, mushrooms, potatoes, onions and a bunch of seasoning.. boiled goods for 18 min, then crawfish for 2 min. Served outside... really was pretty good, but I've had better.

I am super hungry now as well... dammit. :(

Just polished off what was left over of my last batch. If I ever catch up with you in cave country I'll make one for you. I can make a: 1) seafood, 2) chicken & sausage, 3) goose, or 4) squirrel, you decide! :wink:

I am a fiend for chicken and sausage, but goose sounds interesting. :)

I used to shoot a match in Lake Charles, and I would stop at Steamboat Bills for gumbo and a pistolet (crawfish if available) every single time, often more than once on a trip. Along with the other places I could gain weight on that trip very easily.

I am planning a trip to Houston for my birthday, and I am thinking about driving just for the food.

Tough crowd on Key Largo. Would have again in a heartbeat:
Skippers - Mahi sandwich on coconut bread.
Conch House - Lobster and Conch cerviche and Cracked Conch Basket
Sals Ballyhoo - Conch Meuniere

McDonalds. Seriously, I've yet to find a decent restaurant in Key Largo.

I'll be in the Keys in July for first time in 8 years but I recall several good places to eat. Perhaps pricy but good. Mrs Mac's Kitchen and Tower of Pizza are two I remember. I also remember enjoying Skipper's and Sharky's but it may have been the amosphere. It's really hard to not be happy when you're drinking a cold beer on the dock after some great diving.

@ReefHound, my McDonald's comment was a bit of hyperbole, but I've eaten at all the local seafood eats over the years, I didn't really care for any of them. With that said, I found Mrs. Mac's Kitchen to be one of the better places. And...

It's really hard to not be happy when you're drinking a cold beer on the dock after some great diving.
^ this indeed!

I was just there over the weekend. Excellent diving, my first since open water cert. I liked the puerto vallarta mexican place.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom