Key Largo Favorite Restaurants

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I enjoy Sharkeys. Their Coconut Shrimp, Fish & Chips, and Slider Burgers were all tasty. Kinda funny how the reviews on TA say they have horrible service. I never experienced bad service, all my Servers were all very good and attentive.

Also try Shiver's BBQ. It's not in Key Largo but in Homestead before you get to Florida City and the Keys. Delicious BBQ, family owned & operated since 1950's
Thats a BIG +1 for Shrivers!!! Best BBQ in Town!

Skippers reliable and close by if staying at the Marriott or holiday inn. We also enjoyed the conch house and sal's ballyhoos.

McDonalds. Seriously, I've yet to find a decent restaurant in Key Largo.
Yikes. Where have you eaten? And any dietary restrictions or preferences?

I've been to most of the others mentioned, but never these two. Since I'm the poster child for seasickness, I don't get to eat breakfast :vomit:

My dive instructor would always say part of getting sea sickness was having an empty stomach.

@Teufel4K and @soldsoul4foos, not missing out and no dietary restrictions. I'm probably a bit biased, but being from Louisiana, the food, especially seafood, in the Keys is really lacking. I've eaten at all the places mentioned in this thread.
Bummer. Well enjoy the McDonalds. A Cafe Beignet would be nice in the Keys.

We've been to Senor Frijoles a few time's. I like that it's always quiet, a little off the beaten path, and we really like Spanish food. I didn't feel like the prices were too high at all (which is why we've been back), and I'm super cheap with all that stuff.

We also have traveled into the ghetto to get better authentic Spanish food in FL City... the places where you just point on the menu because no one knows english. I don't speak Spanish, so it's always an adventure!

P.S. - @RyanT McDonalds' sucks... grow up:p (I'll eat it, but only in a hurry, lol)

We are headed down to Key Largo next week for a bit of diving with Rainbow Reef Dive Center. Do any of you have recent favorite restaurant experiences? We're wondering if there's something new to try out!
Thank you for this thread. It reminded me how much I used to enjoy a simple trip to Key Largo for a few days of diving. And all the wonderful eateries I appreciated, which may offer mediocre food by world standards (and certainly Cajun Country standards) but which exuded that Keys vibe that more than made up for it.

Trips can be so complicated these days. Ah, Key Largo ...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom