Key Largo Favorite Restaurants

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know somebody who'd be willing to dive with you in Key Largo next week! :wink:

Need about 5 more years to be able to jump on a plane out of nowhere and go on a week long dive trip like that! It's coming..

Well, I suppose we qualify as pretty die-hard Cajuns. We've hosted numerous Cajun Invasions with festive gumbo dinners for years in Key Largo. We'll be hauling down an ice chest full of frozen gumbo and chicken sauce picante for our gracious hosts. We do know a little about Cajun cooking and seafood.

I must say I disagree with previous comments about poor restaurant quality in Key Largo. We've been to MANY really good places in Key Largo and sampled some fantastic seafood preparations. Some of those were entrees at fine dining restaurants, but my style is more casual...like a great hogfish sandwich.

That being said, we tend to be repeat visitors at lots of our local favorites. I was just wondering if there were some new places we may not have tried yet or something we may have missed. Thanks for all the great input.

Well, I suppose we qualify as pretty die-hard Cajuns. We've hosted numerous Cajun Invasions with festive gumbo dinners for years in Key Largo. We'll be hauling down an ice chest full of frozen gumbo and chicken sauce picante for our gracious hosts. We do know a little about Cajun cooking and seafood.

I must say I disagree with previous comments about poor restaurant quality in Key Largo. We've been to MANY really good places in Key Largo and sampled some fantastic seafood preparations. Some of those were entrees at fine dining restaurants, but my style is more casual...like a great hogfish sandwich.

That being said, we tend to be repeat visitors at lots of our local favorites. I was just wondering if there were some new places we may not have tried yet or something we may have missed. Thanks for all the great input.

Different strokes. I am a cheap human being. My enjoyment of a meal is closely tied to the overall cost. I really don't want an out of this world meal that costs an arm and a leg. I'd rather eat street tacos from a hole in the wall that are REALLY good and be able to do it (or similar) multiple times.

Do crawfish count as Cajun? Love those things.

+1 for Fernandez The Bull Cuban Restaurant. Great Cuban sandwiches.

If you like good burgers, MEAT Eatery and Tap Room is a great place too. It's south on Plantation Key, and worth the short drive.

Fernandez the Bull is delicious food and huge portions they also have craft cola from Havana sometimes. I dream of their roast pork!

Just polished off what was left over of my last batch. If I ever catch up with you in cave country I'll make one for you. I can make a: 1) seafood, 2) chicken & sausage, 3) goose, or 4) squirrel, you decide! :wink:

I'll take all the above please.

I might be part Cajun, idk.. this was last weekend..

Screenshot_20220519-103150_Video Player.jpg

Just polished off what was left over of my last batch. If I ever catch up with you in cave country I'll make one for you. I can make a: 1) seafood, 2) chicken & sausage, 3) goose, or 4) squirrel, you decide! :wink:
I'm a heretic--I put andouille in my seafood gumbo.

Along the lines of what @CajunDiva said, I could eat a simple fish sandwich--hogfish, amberjack, whatever--every day when I'm in S. Florida. (Let's not get into the sustainability question and ruin a perfectly good thread on food.) Fancy preparations don't do it for me. Fish Matecumbe or whatever.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom