Key Largo Favorite Restaurants

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Finally got to Harriettes. Same experience as Doc's Diner, fast and friendly service. Food was nothing note worthy but the key lime muffin was delicious but a bit under baked.

So I went diving Monday Afternoon. Getting out there was fine but once we go to French Reef the boat was a rocking and a rolling. Lol my buddy got seasick, so had to get him in the water ASAP. Everyone got in the water but the current was moving and the visibility was around 25-30ft.

It got worse when we finished the dive to get on the boat. The ocean wasn't happy, so much so more people got seasick and the boat voted to cancel the second dive.

Fun times :) Sea Dwellers gave me a rain check on a trip and a nitrox tank. So all in all a good trip.

The seas are pretty lumpy today, so we decided a day of R & R might be a good thing.

After a bit of scenic land cruising, I decided I'd like to have lunch with a water view. We were headed to Sundowner's, but when we pulled into the parking lot we saw Senor Frijoles. Mexican food seemed really appealing, but I didn't want to miss the great views. As it happens, they have tables out back overlooking the marina area out to the bay. It was great!

Since we have dinner plans with our gracious hosts, we didn't want to overeat at lunch time. One order of fajitas split between the two of us was more than we could handle. It was SO GOOD! And the frozen concoction I had with orange juice, mango and strawberry was certainly top notch as well. I'm happy to have tried a new (to me) place in Key Largo and highly recommend it!

I think we had their crab and shrimp enchiladas. I remember thinking it was really reasonable for being in the keys... maybe $15 or so back then. I just looked it's currently @ $20. I love to eat and between that and the free chips and all I was more than satisfied.

It's not the best view in town, but it's secluded enough that it's nice enough for me. Very quiet.

Attachments

• 20180828_130434.jpg
    20180828_130434.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 50
  • 20180828_130836.jpg
    20180828_130836.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 56
  • 20180828_210649.jpg
    20180828_210649.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 50
  • 20180828_210652.jpg
    20180828_210652.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 54
I think we had their crab and shrimp enchiladas. I remember thinking it was really reasonable for being in the keys... maybe $15 or so back then. I just looked it's currently @ $20. I love to eat and between that and the free chips and all I was more than satisfied.

It's not the best view in town, but it's secluded enough that it's nice enough for me. Very quiet.
Damn it! Now I'm annoyed at being dry AND hungry! :rofl3:

Hey Gang: OK, it's been 5 years since I last visited the keys. I actually think things are getting better. For starters, we stopped for a quick breakfast/coffee at Dennys Latin Cafe. Don't let the name food you, I was quite impressed. I had a pork/cheese empanada, my buddy had a Guyaba/cheese pastela. We both had a double espresso. It was quite good! I didn't have any of their lunch/dinner fare, so can't comment on that, but the breakfast food/coffee was quite tasty and pretty cheap. The staff doesn't speak a lot of English. I speak some Spanish so it was easy, but, for those who don't, they do speak enough to get your order.

This thread makes me happy. Food and fun new places to eat are part of our traveling experience and enjoyment

Hey Gang: OK, it's been 5 years since I last visited the keys. I actually think things are getting better. For starters, we stopped for a quick breakfast/coffee at Dennys Latin Cafe. Don't let the name food you, I was quite impressed. I had a pork/cheese empanada, my buddy had a Guyaba/cheese pastela. We both had a double espresso. It was quite good! I didn't have any of their lunch/dinner fare, so can't comment on that, but the breakfast food/coffee was quite tasty and pretty cheap. The staff doesn't speak a lot of English. I speak some Spanish so it was easy, but, for those who don't, they do speak enough to get your order.

You're not one of those guys that just rolls their R's in English but says they can speak Spanish... are you?

Jk, lol..:wink:

@Teufel4K, bummer about the weather! I'll be diving starting Tuesday, so hope the wind lays down a bit for all of us! On another note, talk about Karma.... Literally the only thing I could find open at my stop on the way down was McDonalds. Probably what I get for my hyperbolic comment! :p
We were in Key Largo last May (19-23) and got blown out as well (no boats went out for all 5 days). Seems like late May might not be a good time for diving in Key Largo?

We were there 5/15 to 5/19 last year. Day 1 3' seas. Day 2 4' seas. Blown out day 3. It looks like you arrived just as we left.

Lazy Lobster...chef's kiss for the quick lunch after a dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom