Key fob solution?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just drive a shitbox that absolutely no self respecting criminal would even give a second glance.

joking aside, I just ordered a dryfob

but in all seriousness, I drive a shitbox that absolutely no self respecting criminal would even give a second glance.:(

Had a 1998 Ford keyfob that I regularly took unprotected diving over 100ft and it worked perfectly fine. Had a Mercedes keyfob I ruined in a few feet of water.

…Buy yourself a Dry Fob…..You can also use an old Underwater Kinetics dive light like a C8. They can hold lots of stuff inside.
$49+ versus free from my junk box.

I gotta think on this.

Thank you for the shout-outs :)

Yes, we tried all kinds of things ourselves before coming up with the DRYFOB and haven't looked back since. Quite nice not having to worry about the car or the keys, and just enjoy the dive. We have them on Amazon and at a growing number of diveshops. There are also some limited edition colors available if you order direct on DRYFOB.com.

I totally wanted to use DryFob and tried to stuff my Jeep Gladiator fob in it at Divers Direct with no luck :( It's the size of a tiny briefcase. :| Guess I'll have to get a key cut to unlock the door and leave them in the truck.

Reactions: JFS
I totally wanted to use DryFob and tried to stuff my Jeep Gladiator fob in it at Divers Direct with no luck :( It's the size of a tiny briefcase. :| Guess I'll have to get a key cut to unlock the door and leave them in the truck.
The big four button FOB of the Jeep needs the DRYFOB-L. (46mm). Yea, we got a wrangler rental just after we made the Original size and … this led us to make the bigger one. Since then we’ve also found some newer huge Buick and Volvo keys that need the -L

I see you are in Penbrooke Pines near us. If you want to meet up to try it I’m going to be around this afternoon. DM me if so.

The big four button FOB of the Jeep needs the DRYFOB-L. (46mm). Yea, we got a wrangler rental just after we made the Original size and … this led us to make the bigger one. Since then we’ve also found some newer huge Buick and Volvo keys that need the -L
Awesome! I'll give it a whirl. I just thought it was taller and the salesperson didn't mention it -- she even said she drives a Jeep. Doh!

Follow up! I met with @Jaan yesterday after work and picked up a DryFob L. Monstrosity of a Jeep key fits like a glove and giving it a test run this weekend! Just from the machining, you won't be disappointed!

Or, drive a Ford and get a keypad on the door.....
Shocked that this hasn’t been copied yet, it’s been around since the ‘80s so the base patents must have expired. Super handy for diving but also for any other activities around the water.

It has. I thought gm had similar at one point.

The downside is that the buttons don't work, and now your keys are locked in your car.

Back
Top Bottom