Blacktip Travel DPV with Vacuum Bulkhead... Leak issues.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
divedisciple

divedisciple

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello!

Thank you for clicking through and reading my post - I'm looking for some DPV advice ...

I moved from the UK a year ago to Grenada, and because of all the great diving I can enjoy here, decided to buy a BlackTip DPV Travel edition and spent the extra to have the security of the vacuum bulkhead. I've dived with it somewhere in the region of 100 dives now over the past 6 months and it's been pretty much excellent.

This morning though, just before diving, I'm removing air from the tube with the vacuum pump, and it's clearly failing somewhere. The needle keeps dropping.

At least I found this out before getting in the water :)

So back home this evening, I've taken it apart, replaced all the o-rings, and also the vacuum pump rubber part, but its still leaking somewhere and won't hold the vacuum.

Does anyone have experience with BlackTip or advice on what I can try next?

Thank you!

Sorry for your bad news @MrChen.

My news from my dive today was... It's the driest I've ever seen my unit after any dive! Hooray!

Alas I think a setting has changed and the soft start issue causes the unit to back off the power intermittently. Had this a couple of years ago when the unit wouldn't run below, say, 45m/150ft. Today's dive was to 42m/140ft and it mostly worked.

I remember changing one of the settings some time back which stopped that problem. Alas I've left the scooter on the boat overnight so can't check the settings.

Typical for diving this early in the season, the visibility is 1m/3ft to 2m/6ft with the "May Rot" algal bloom in its full glory. Can't go too fast as it's way too easy to loose the wreck or bang into something!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom