Keeps dropping my login!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shasta_man

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm having a heck of a time with staying logged into the forum.

I log in, select a forum link and maybe it will open the link keeping me logged in or it opens the link and but says I'm not logged in. It keeps randomly logging me out as I go to different forum pages.

For example, to get here to send this message:

I navigated to www.scubaboard.com. It shows I'm not logged in even though I was in my previous session. I log in. It shows me logged in. I click the "Forums" button (next to Gallery and Live Feed). It takes me to the forum list but I'm not logged in anymore. I log in again, it just appears to refresh the page and still not logged in. I log in again. This time it takes. I click the Site Support link. It opens the link but I'm not logged in anymore. I log in again and get to this Post New Thread.

It randomly logs me out as I click either a sub forum or the "latest message" link or if I click a message once in the forum.

This is happening on the desktop I'd been using for a couple years, the new relatively clean desktop I just set up, my laptop and, maybe most bizarre, on a Asus Transformer Prime tablet I was using last night to look at the webpages. I tried cleaning out my previous web data with little improvement.

I'm using IE 8 on the Windows systems. I'll try another browser but I'm wondering if you've heard of such an affliction?

Thanks

Which computer are you having an issue on? The Windows Machine, or the Asus Tablet? If it's the windows machine, and deleting cookies doesn't fix this... Make sure you have cookies enabled. Also... if deleting cookies doesn't help, then what version of windows are you using?

Have you checked the box that says to keep you logged in?

You should also delete your cookies.

Here's how to delete cookies in IE 8

Delete cookies in Internet Explorer 8

• Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button
    4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33_47.png
    , and then clicking Internet Explorer.
  • Click the Safety button, and then click Delete Browsing History.
  • Select the check box next to Cookies.
  • Select the Preserve Favorites website data check box if you do not want to delete the cookies associated with websites in your Favorites list.
  • Click Delete.

Thanks for the tips.

<<Which computer are you having an issue on? The Windows Machine, or the Asus Tablet?>>

Yes... both. The Windows systesm are Windows 7 64 bit. I believe I deleted cookies when clearing the history but will try again and continue troubleshooting.

When you log in, do you check the Remember Me box...?

I'm on an iPad and it dropps me all the time. Sometimes after a week other times 10 minutes. Makes no sense.

I'm on an iPad and it dropps me all the time. Sometimes after a week other times 10 minutes. Makes no sense.
Is that a portable device that you use at changing locations?

Yes it is portable. Yet it will keep my log in from time to time and drop it from time to time. Sometimes it's 2 weeks other times it's when I go to the next page.

Yes, as Don said in bold, and I asked earlier. If you don't check "REMEMBER ME" you will be logged out after a relatively short period of inactivity.

It's rare that I can help on these questions, but sometimes I remember seeing the problem and answers before - or so I think at times.
Yes, as Don said in bold, and I asked earlier. If you don't check "REMEMBER ME" you will be logged out after a relatively short period of inactivity.
Your reply was of course comprehensive and all, but you miss one point in that you didn't actually say that...
Have you checked the box that says to keep you logged in?.
I knew that's what you meant, but he may not have.

I was wondering if his changing IPs might log him off? :idk:

I was wondering if his changing IPs might log him off? :idk:

Thought that at first. I always check remember me. It will work sometimes for a week or more even through multiple locations. Then all of a sudden. When I'm going from page 4 to page 5 of a thread. It logs me out and asks if I want to download an app. (I really don't like the I pad app). This will happen a couple more times through the next hour or so then everything is fine for 1-3 weeks. I'm thinking it has something todo with site maintenance.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom