My Blacktip Leaked Yesterday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm happy to report that my replacement Blacktip tech arrived today. I was surprised that they supplied a brand-new replacement. The tube looks better built and is slightly a different color. It might be thicker throughout. It also has machined like lines on the exterior. My old one just looked like a plastic mold. The replacement tail also has the BT capabilities and additional functions like reverse. I recall being annoyed that they came out with his version shortly after I bought my original one. So, this makes up for it.

I'm happy to report that my replacement Blacktip tech arrived today. I was surprised that they supplied a brand-new replacement. The tube looks better built and is slightly a different color. It might be thicker throughout. It also has machined like lines on the exterior. My old one just looked like a plastic mold. The replacement tail also has the BT capabilities and additional functions like reverse. I recall being annoyed that they came out with his version shortly after I bought my original one. So, this makes up for it.
They probably did for you what they did for my buddy last year. He dropped and flooded his in salt water. He drove it up to them and a week later had a refurbished unit on his doorstep. It's easier and faster for them to just swap them out and work on the damaged units later.

They probably did for you what they did for my buddy last year. He dropped and flooded his in salt water. He drove it up to them and a week later had a refurbished unit on his doorstep. It's easier and faster for them to just swap them out and work on the damaged units later.
Possibly, but if it's used, I cannot tell. It looks brand spanking new. Not a single blemish on it. It even has that new scooter smell (j/k)

So are you going to dive it before you sell it? Just so you can say its used..😆
haha I will use it. I did buy a used Tusa while this was out and I like the Tusa more for spearfishing, but after about 10 dives, the Tusa started having a ticking noise, so I'm going to get it serviced. While it's out, I'll use the Blacktip.

MrChen, I'm glad you made out in the end. Not to hijack the thread, but as someone who's considering a Genesis, would you mind elaborating?
What do you want to know that hasn't already been covered extensively on here?

What do you want to know that hasn't already been covered extensively on here?
Do you have a Genesis? What made you pick it over others? Anything you dislike? I'm trying one this weekend and was on the fence between that and a seacraft or the suex ek.

Do you have a Genesis? What made you pick it over others? Anything you dislike? I'm trying one this weekend and was on the fence between that and a seacraft or the suex ek.
I have a Genesis 1.2, a newer one would be even better. Specifically mine is a little loud, the new ones are quieter due to updated motor controllers and have a built in battery monitor. Mine has the add on Sentry dashboard for battery monitoring which seems like a decent unit (although lacking features I would want) but mine was purchased used and hasn't been reliable (I blame this on the previous owner and I will eventually send it back to get looked at).

The DPV is incredibly robust. The term "industrial" comes to mind.
The charge connection is a wet connector so there are no seals which you have to regularly open and the hull stays closed.
Magnetic propeller coupling means no shaft seal to leak, ever. Basically zero wear parts since the ceramic shaft bearing has a lifespan of something like 10,000 hours.
The handle isn't as ergonomic as a T handle but for me the constantly variable throttle is worth it. I can speed match other scooters or a current on demand. I keep the trigger locked unless clipping off. The factory trigger lock is not very easy to manipulate with gloves but is easily modified.

If you live in North America and ever need service they are made in California. I can't see buying a different brand. I dive with a lot of Suex owners, I haven't dove with a Seacraft.

Back
Top Bottom